cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much was your first Barclay credit line increase on your rewards card?

tag
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: How much was your first Barclay credit line increase on your rewards card?

They do do auto CLIs, but of course it's not guaranteed. If a consumer requests a CLI, it will result in an HP.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 21 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Though mine is Apple Barclay, got it in April with a CL of $2000. Put about $1300+ of charges on it in June (iWatch and 128GB iPhone 6), paid $50-$100 a month until November in which I lump summed the remainnig balance of $900+ and some change right before the 5th statement. Statement cut and it went up to $3700 ([AUTO CLI] which is now my highest personal credit line). Just put another $2.2k charge on it (iPad Pro and iPad Air) so hopefully I get another bump in the Spring Smiley Happy

I did try for a manual CLI which resulted in a failure and a hardpull. Of course, it hadn't been opened for nearly two months and I had tons of deliquent accounts so that's probably what held me back 

Message 22 of 44
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

I asked for an apr reduction after 6 months, and got a soft pull 500 cli.

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 23 of 44
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How much was your first Barclay credit line increase on your rewards card?

Limits and CLI's are not just a matter of the creditor or product. One's credit profile and income determine what one qualifies for. You can't just poll others to determine what you'd get or when.

@Anonymous wrote:
I specifically have a Barclays rewards card but any card from Barclays is fine. I started with a $2000 credit limit in my 5th statement is being cut in a few days. I was hoping for some auto love is not having to ask. How much did you receive on your first initial credit line increase? And how far out was it? 5 months 6 months a year etc?

$2,500 CLI on the Sallie Mae just over 6 months out at my request.

It's not just a matter of time either.  Again, it's your profile and income versus the underwriting criteria.

Message 24 of 44
SayHey
Established Member

4500 -> 7500 at 6th statement

Message 25 of 44
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

^^^thats a good increase!
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 26 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went from $3300 to $5000 in 15 months or so.

I never had a reason to request a CLI before then. But as circumstances change, sometimes CLs need to change too! Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 44
Luscher
Valued Contributor

5k to 15k. but I asked for one. Not auto. I requested after 8 months.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 28 of 44
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

I've had my rewards card for a little over a year now. I went from $1,300 to $2,000 in the first 6 months. Then a few weeks ago I got an increase (took a HP) to $7,000 where I sit now.

Personal:

Business:

Message 29 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had my NFL Visa since January 3, 2015. No CLI's. I've had my Sallie Mae since April 3, 2015. No CLI's. In fairness, if I were Barclays I wouldn't give me one either. The only thing I use the SM for is gas and groceries, and I never carry a balance. The only thing I've used the NFL card for since the bonus spend is a 0% balance transfer check. They're losing money on me.

Same for me. I've had SM for a year and had no CLIs.

Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.