cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often amex does financial reviews?

tag
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

Re: How often amex does financial reviews?

@lionsfan20 wrote:

I want to increase my limit to 20k after starting at 15k in july..my problem is I really dont have any income and IM afraid they might to a f/r.

Anyone ever been reviewed for requesting? and if they have , was it a bad experience?

I have no idea if they will FR you but having been started with 15K and NO income, if I were you, I'd stay under their radar, especially as you've only had the card a few months. Good luck if you decide to pursue the CLI.

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 11 of 13
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

I presume the OP's income was more significant when he apped for the card in June/July.

In any case so far he has been using the card responsibly but these are the sort of underlying reasons Amex does FRs.  Verifying income/assets.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 12 of 13
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

I have no idea why you would continue to keep pushing the limit with them ? You're going to have to lie about a large income, because if you dont they will 100% F/R you because your income wont match your spending. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.