Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often do cli's happen for Amex?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How often do cli's happen for Amex?

Smiley HappyI have had my Amex about a month and have a few questions about increases.   First, does Amex increase regularly, if so how often? How often can I request and increase and are requests a hp or sp?  On activation, I did get my original limit doubled to 4000, but I would like it higher/closer to my other cards. Also, if you have any helpful hints with Amex, please send them my way Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How often do cli's happen for Amex?

you can request your first CLI now if you want. if approved you can request up to 3x CLI every 6 months. doesn't mean you'll get approved, though. especially if your SL is only $2k that means they want to probably see some use with you first. it's a SP of course so it doesn't hurt to try. if denied then try again in 91 days. good luck.
Message 2 of 12
EdMan63
Established Contributor

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ true. but a lot of that info has changed and there is a lot of reading in that hahaha
Message 4 of 12
EdMan63
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
^ true. but a lot of that info has changed and there is a lot of reading in that hahaha

True!!! But I was too lazy to write a full explanation!!! Lol!! It's still entertaining reading. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah if you have a day to blow lol.
Message 6 of 12
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
you can request your first CLI now if you want. if approved you can request up to 3x CLI every 6 months. doesn't mean you'll get approved, though. especially if your SL is only $2k that means they want to probably see some use with you first. it's a SP of course so it doesn't hurt to try. if denied then try again in 91 days. good luck.

Didn't OP get a 2x CLI approved at activation? If so, it is 181 day wait for the next request.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and CLI. You have to wait 181 days between CLI approvals. If you are denied a CLI, it's 90 days.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Didn't OP get a 2x CLI approved at activation? If so, it is 181 day wait for the next request.

Thank you for your input.   Yes I did get a 2x inc on activation.  It was funny that I originally got this card at 2000 and right after that one on the same day I got USAA Amex for 16,000.  Quite a difference for the same day just minutes apart.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes OP did. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.