Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often do existing cc lenders do SPs on you

tag
message_from_god
New Contributor

How often do existing cc lenders do SPs on you

Had a run in pretty much all of last decade with cancelled accts due to inactivity and then didn't have a cc for a long time.  As of this year, I have procured four.  

How often do existing cc lenders do SPs to monitor your credit?  Mine just went up to like 800 (which, w/e!) and I was wondering if the lender sees it if they might offer me a lower interest rate or higher CL.  I prefer my Discover card over this other lower rate/higher CL card I have.  Discover refuses to consider a CLI for several months and an APR revue for a year.  I don't want to use my other non-store card due to politics of the lender.  Discover ever do SPs to monitor their customers and adjust the offer?  

Thanks guys!

Progress FICO8 since summer 2015 Eq 763 (+171) TU 798 (+189) Ex 761 (+259)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How often do existing cc lenders do SPs on you

I think the pretty generic answer you'll get to this question is that it varies heavily by lender and by person being SPd.  There have been cases of people going months and months without being SPd and other cases of people getting SPd multiple times in a month, even a week apart.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover "account review" soft pulls me every 6-8 months.
Message 3 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@message_from_god wrote:

Had a run in pretty much all of last decade with cancelled accts due to inactivity and then didn't have a cc for a long time.  As of this year, I have procured four.  

How often do existing cc lenders do SPs to monitor your credit?  Mine just went up to like 800 (which, w/e!) and I was wondering if the lender sees it if they might offer me a lower interest rate or higher CL.  I prefer my Discover card over this other lower rate/higher CL card I have.  Discover refuses to consider a CLI for several months and an APR revue for a year.  I don't want to use my other non-store card due to politics of the lender.  Discover ever do SPs to monitor their customers and adjust the offer?  

Thanks guys!

Good job on the great new credit score!  Smiley Very Happy

I recently got an APR reduction with Discover (I did a thread on it as well).  My account was opened last year when I still had a couple of baddies and a lower score; my reports are now baddie-free and my score is quite a bit higher as well.

Since my 0% new account promo expired last month, I went on chat and asked for a reduction... they were able to reduce my APR from 20.24% to 16.49%.  The rep encouraged me to check back again for another reduction in the future... I failed to ask how soon I could ask, but the members on here have told me I should be eligible again in six months.

If you're still on your 0% promo they won't be able to lower your rate yet, but once it expires I would call/chat with them to see what they could do... I have a feeling you won't be disappointed!  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 7
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congrats on reaching the 800 club!  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Good job! I usually get SP from navy FCU every 2 months and cabelas I haven't received one yet, same for Blispay, both over 4 months
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@message_from_god wrote:

Thanks guys!

Good job on the great new credit score!  Smiley Very Happy

I recently got an APR reduction with Discover (I did a thread on it as well).  My account was opened last year when I still had a couple of baddies and a lower score; my reports are now baddie-free and my score is quite a bit higher as well.

Since my 0% new account promo expired last month, I went on chat and asked for a reduction... they were able to reduce my APR from 20.24% to 16.49%.  The rep encouraged me to check back again for another reduction in the future... I failed to ask how soon I could ask, but the members on here have told me I should be eligible again in six months.

If you're still on your 0% promo they won't be able to lower your rate yet, but once it expires I would call/chat with them to see what they could do... I have a feeling you won't be disappointed!  Smiley Wink

+1

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.