cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often do you ask for CL increase and by how much?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How often do you ask for CL increase and by how much?

@Creditaddict wrote:

for your accounts,

1. Citi every 6 and the online system will tell you if they will check on a sp or if it will be hp (if you are taking hp and able to ask for amount vs sp you just click for what they give, I like to ask for at least $25k depending what you are at now and take a counter, usually within an hour or so)

2. PayPal every 4 statements either online and you can't ask for an amount or credit solutions and go big!

3. Barclay every 6 months and not much talk of how or if you can see about just sp vs hp requests

4. amazon, again GE like paypal, every 4

5. amex every 6 (3x current limit, system instantly counters)

6. chase no history doing but they seem to love you!

Thank you, I will be making a few adjustments to my schedule Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 12
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Re: How often do you ask for CL increase and by how much?

@Turbobuick wrote:

I have never once called for a CLI. I have on a very few occasions clicked a CLI request button on a banking or card website. I have about $90K available to me basically without trying.

I've had credit for almost 40 yrs. Time makes up for a lot of begging.  Smiley Very Happy 

edit: Let me add that I'm relatively new to this site and I find it almost amusing how there seems to be an almost competitive atmosphere. It seems like a friendly game of who can amass the most credit on the most cards. There really is a null factor after so many different cards. Having good credit can open many doors from loans to even getting that great job, but do some here seem a little obsessed with credit and score? I mean it's a credit forum, so obviously the main topic is amassing and improving credit. Smiley Happy 

I agree to an extent and that is with people and their store cards and such. It amazes me with how obsessed people get with high CLs to Kohls, Toys R Us and Express. If you get it on a prime card that's fine, but these store card obsessions are ridiculous.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.