Frequent Contributor
Razeus

How often do you request a new replacement card?

[ Edited ]

I usually request new cards for all my accounts at the beginning of the year - usually citing the magnetic strip not taking.  Just to get my cards relatively fresh looking, I think I'll start doing it every 6 months.

My Wallet:
Discover It $11,000 | Chase Freedom $5,000 | AMEX BCE $3,000 | Paypal Extras Platinum $5,000 | Wells Fargo $1,000 | AMEX Zync NPSL
Valued Contributor
bribro

Re: How often do you request a new replacement card?

Whenever mine start to really look worn out.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
New Contributor
MyCreditSucksTheMost

bribro wrote:

Whenever mine start to really look worn out.

Do you ever melt the paladium down and sell it?lol.

I probably get a new card every couple of years, I dont feel like dealing with hassle unless something warrants the need.

Staring Scores:Transunion-636 Equifax-618 Experian- 640 (8/12):
Current Scores:Transunion-717 Equifax-(?) Experian 726(as of 11/18/13):

Goal 760 Across the Board:

Contributor
Coldness

Yeah, I just wait until they expire and a new one comes in... we'll see how Amex and Discover look towards the end of their life with such long expiration times. 

Unless a card actually has a strip fail, I see no reason to replace it. It's still just plastic sitting in my wallet 99% of the time. if it looks a ltitle worn it's just battle scars :smileywink: 

Frequent Contributor
jd5189

Usually about every 6 months. From being in my wallet and sitting on them, they usually end up cracking right below the mag strip. Never looks good handing someone a cracked Amex! :smileytongue:

In my wallet: Amex PRG & Zync, Amex BCE (19.2k), Chase Freedom (5k), PSECU Visa/PSL (20k)
Current Scores: Equifax: 738 (Fako) TransUnion: 721 (Fico) Experian: 717 (Fico)
Disclaimer: I am by no means a financial advisor. My posts are based on opinion, experience, and/or knowledge.
Regular Contributor
DeadSpider

Unless the card is not working I don't order any.

My BOA debit card after about 6 months it snapped it half and they wanted $5 to replace it !!

I was ready to close my account if they didn't send me free replacement card.

Unless you forgot your card in HOT car it should work till expiation date.

Cap1 QS $11500, Freedom $5000K, Slate $8000 Amex Sky $2000K, Discover IT $4400, BCE $8800, NFL $1500, Lowes $7000

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: 742
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
ajh5408

Only occasionally, and usually due to bending/cracking more than strip wear. Some cards definitely take abuse a lot better than others, though... I try not to be too OCD about scuffing, or I'd have to replace my AMEX Clear after just about every use. :smileyfrustrated:

.ılılıll | CK/TU FAKO [770] // CS/EX FAKO [789] // QZ/EX FAKO [724] // EX FICO [763] | llılılı.
Chase Hyatt [$9K] // AMEX SimplyCash [$8K] // Chase Freedom [$7K] // PenFed Platinum Rewards [$6.5K] // AMEX Clear [$6K] //
Citi Forward [$6K] // BoA Privileges Cash [$5K] // Discover it [$3.5K] // Citi ThankYou Preferred [$2.2K] //
Regular Contributor
Quips

Rarely - only when they are hard for the card swipers to read. Worn out a couple of Amex's over the years but that's about it

FICO: EQ 769, TU 762 , EX ???

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+