cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does Amex Reward Dollars update?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How often does Amex Reward Dollars update?

Currently I've been using my Amex card for about 7 weeks and my reward dollars amount only reflects the first day. Is this normal?

Are reward dollars based on how much you spend or your statement balance?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

Re: How often does Amex Reward Dollars update?

it took about 3 statements for my BCP to update, after that, it updates a few days after the statement cute.

Keep in mind, its a month behind when it does update.

Message 2 of 6
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Yeah, AMEX updating your cashback / points each month is delayed.  If you rack up a ton of points give it a month or two to catch up if you're planning on spending them.  The trade off is your high limit Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is why I think my due date of the 28th is wonderful I don't think I've had to wait a whole month
Message 4 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
This is why I think my due date of the 28th is wonderful I don't think I've had to wait a whole month

Really?   The Blue Cash series gives rewards one month in arrears, e.g. the purchases that appear on your statement closing Oct 28 will have the rewards appear on the statement closing Nov 28 

Message 5 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

To add to what the others have already stated, not only do the cash rewards appear on the next statement, when I go online for a redemption the rewards aren't updated there for even another few weeks after I get the statement.  Smiley Frustrated

This might be due to my statement date or they might be waiting on the payment, but in any case what I see on my new statement is never immediately available.  The fine-print states (or at least it used to) that availability is tied to the payment, but even that has been hit-or-miss for me.

In some cases I've read that a CSR sometimes has the ability to make the rewards reflected on the statement 'available', but it's reported that this has been YMMV.

I bank all my cash rewards so with me there's no urgency, and in any case I know that with Amex eventually they will show up.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.