cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does BofA offer you BT promos?

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

How often does BofA offer you BT promos?

I have a great BT offer from BofA for 0% until 02/2016. Offer expires next month.

Thinking of transferring Simplity balance over, but that 0% promo doesn't run out until 12/27/14. Is it worth the risk to wait and see if I get another offer?

Question 1: Should I give up the extra 3 mos on Simplicity card for this sure thing promo on BofA?

Question 2: Would it look weird to transfer the entire amount on my SDFCU card over to BofA? I just opened that card in June and used a BT offer when I did, but that promo is only 0% APR for 6 mos and then standard 6.99% after that. Transferring would save me $$$ but I've never transferred a transfer...lol

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How often does BofA offer you BT promos?

I get them in the mail continuously -- however it's like 3 or 4% transaction fees.
Message 2 of 21
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I'm at exactly 6 months now on their Cash Rewards 321 card and their recent BT checks offer (1 until August 2015!) just gave me a real good excuse to poke them for a CLI on my $1000 SL Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 21
Stanic413
Regular Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:
I get them in the mail continuously -- however it's like 3 or 4% transaction fees.

+1

I get them all the time, I got another one in the mail today.  And whenever I go into the bank, they ask if I want to transfer balances to my card.  Also always there when I log in.  I feel like I can't escape it. 

18k10k7.6k10k10k5k5.6k1.7k2k
Federal CU PLOC: $5k
Scores, Dec. 2014- TU: 755 EX: 763 EQ: 757
Last App: 12/8/14. In the garden until Jan 2016, getting "mortgage" ready.
Message 4 of 21
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I get them weekly across 3 of my 4 BoA cards.  They seem to push the lower limit cards more for BT.

Message 5 of 21
barbaralee
Established Contributor

All. The. Time. As soon as one offer expires they send me another one.

Message 6 of 21
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the replies!! Maybe I will roll the dice....

Would it look weird to transfer my SDFCU balance to BofA that was a transfer itself?

Message 7 of 21
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@lhcole77 wrote:

Would it look weird to transfer my SDFCU balance to BofA that was a transfer itself?

No, I doubt they would even know.  I usually just write myself a check since it gets the balance transferred in 2-3 days versus doing it through BoA website, which has taken weeks.

Message 8 of 21
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

No, I doubt they would even know.  I usually just write myself a check since it gets the balance transferred in 2-3 days versus doing it through BoA website, which has taken weeks.

That is good info! Thanks.

Message 9 of 21
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I receive the offers as well.  The transaction fee makes it at least a 3% BT.  In addition to the rate, the main reason that I would never do it is because I actually use my BoA card for overseas transactions where I don't have higher rewards on other cards.  If I was carrying balances, all of my purchases would lose their grace period and be charged the standard rate for purchases.

I usually wait for a 0% offer from NFCU (I don't use this card for anything else), then make whatever big purchases I have been waiting for on other rewards cards before transfering to NFCU for 0% financing.  This is a great option if you can get into this CU.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.