cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does BofA offer you BT promos?

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: How often does BofA offer you BT promos?

@DaveSignal wrote:

I receive the offers as well.  The transaction fee makes it at least a 3% BT.  In addition to the rate, the main reason that I would never do it is because I actually use my BoA card for overseas transactions where I don't have higher rewards on other cards.  If I was carrying balances, all of my purchases would lose their grace period and be charged the standard rate for purchases.

I usually wait for a 0% offer from NFCU (I don't use this card for anything else), then make whatever big purchases I have been waiting for on other rewards cards before transfering to NFCU for 0% financing.  This is a great option if you can get into this CU.

I don't mind the 3% so much. Unfortunately I can't join NFCU but am hopeful that SDFCU will have some great offers in the future since they don't charge a BT fee.

Message 11 of 21
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@DaveSignal wrote:

I receive the offers as well.  The transaction fee makes it at least a 3% BT.  In addition to the rate, the main reason that I would never do it is because I actually use my BoA card for overseas transactions where I don't have higher rewards on other cards.  If I was carrying balances, all of my purchases would lose their grace period and be charged the standard rate for purchases.

I usually wait for a 0% offer from NFCU (I don't use this card for anything else), then make whatever big purchases I have been waiting for on other rewards cards before transfering to NFCU for 0% financing.  This is a great option if you can get into this CU.

I don't mind the 3% so much. Unfortunately I can't join NFCU but am hopeful that SDFCU will have some great offers in the future since they don't charge a BT fee.

SDFCU has offered me BT promotions as well.  I am pretty sure that I have never received a 0% offer from them, though.  If you have balances to transfer, BoA is a good deal and possibly your best option.  Just make sure you don't use this card for ongoing everyday purchases though, because those will all get charged your full purchase APR from the date that they post.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 12 of 21
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Thanks, Dave! I will keep that in mind.

SDFCU gave me a 6 mo 0% offer when I opened the card. That was nice. =)

Message 13 of 21
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Every week it seems
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 14 of 21
navajomyst2003
Frequent Contributor

Every week online. 

In my wallet: Cap1 Venture ($58k), Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex HH ($4K), Barclays Ring MC ($10K), Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22K), Chase SWA Visa Preferred ($7.5K), Chase United Mileage Explorer VS ($20k), Chase Marriott Rewards VS ($12K), BOA BBR MC ($41K), BOA Visa Sig Cash Rewards ($30K), Chase Ritz VS (9K), NFCU Flagship Visa ($55K), Discover It ($6K), Citi AA ($20K). Everything else in SD.

FICO goal: 800+ (as of 3-6-15: EQ FICO 774,,TU FICO 808, EX FICO 775)
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems like I get these every week.  I never even look them over.  I just shred them.

Message 16 of 21
kayvee_
Regular Contributor

Never Smiley Sad  I could use one too Smiley Sad 

Message 17 of 21
HiLine
Blogger

Recently BofA has been pretty aggressive in pushing these balance transfer offers. If you wait till your current statement cycle ends, they will extend the promo interest rate period by another month, to March 2016.

I believe the balance transfer fee is 4%. Borrowing for 18 months at 4% total interest is a good deal if you ask me. There are plenty of ways to make a higher return than the balance transfer fee rate. 

Message 18 of 21
leegreen
Frequent Contributor

So if I obtain a BBR and transfer a balance then pay more than minimum does that ale it earn the 100 a year?
06/26/2014 - Gardening until 7/1/15
NFCU NavCheck 15k, cashRewards VS 14k, nRewards 14k
Amex BCE 15k, CapOne Quicksilver MC 3k, USAA Platinum MC 2k, Discover It 1k
Jared 5.1K, Zales 5k, Lowe's 15k, Home Depot 5k
Message 19 of 21
kayvee_
Regular Contributor

@leegreen wrote:
So if I obtain a BBR and transfer a balance then pay more than minimum does that ale it earn the 100 a year?

Yes! Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.