cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does Capital One report to the bureaus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How often does Capital One report to the bureaus?

Thank you for the welcomes. I've enjoyed reading the threads.

As for my CapOne account, my first statement was due on Feb. 2nd. Can't remember exactly when it cut, but should be soon.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's usually hard to predict how long it will take for a CC company's first report to post to your credit report, but thereafter, a company like Capital One will report every month like clockwork a certain number of days after your statement cycles (or at the end of each month like AMEX).  
Message 12 of 20
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Its almost a guarantee NOT to be clockwork with a company like Capital One but if you get lucky and it happens count your blessing.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guardian wrote:
Its almost a guarantee NOT to be clockwork with a company like Capital One but if you get lucky and it happens count your blessing.

Guess I have some counting to do, lol!

Message 14 of 20
Paxx
Contributor

I've had capital one for 2 years now and they have reported to TU and EX every single month. EQ however is showing the card as active but they don't seem to report to them monthly.

Message 15 of 20
Guardian
Valued Contributor

I like to refer to their reporting style as a bad, really bad, swiss cheese. Even when they do report, its often wrong information. You don't believe, me do a search on the forum, google it, ask ANYONE. I would love for one of the mods or admins to put up a poll and have everyone vote on this and you will see overwhelmingly how bad they are.
Message Edited by Guardian on 02-04-2009 03:35 PM

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does capital one report to the bureaus. Ending balance or high ulitization for the month?

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ending balance.

Message 18 of 20
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I've had Cap 1 for over 12 years and  have never had a problem with them not reporting the same time of the month every month.

IME

From a BK years ago to:
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 19 of 20
CreditG

Ive had my Capital One card for 3 years and from what I was told they report anytime between 30-60 days, and it is current activity at that point. So if you are watching your utilization its best to not use your capital one card at all for more than a few dollars. For me, they always report after I charge a large dollar amount to my card instead of posting my monthly statement balance. So within a two month period if I begin to use my card then they report the high balance but when my card has a zero balance or low usage it takes them the entire 60 day period to report to the credit agency the positive information. This is why I do not use my Capital One card for much of anything. I only keep it for the credit history.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.