cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does Capital One report to the bureaus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How often does Capital One report to the bureaus?

I was approved for a Capital One credit card earlier this month (first card/first credit of any kind), and I was just wondering if anyone knows how often they report account information to the credit bureaus (ie., once a month?).  My Experian report still shows 0 accounts in good standing, and neither TransUnion or Equifax seem to have any report for me (I used annualcreditreport.com). 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How often does Capital One report to the bureaus?

I was approved for a card earlier this month it has yat to report to any of the CRA.

Message 2 of 20
Guardian
Valued Contributor

It varies and depends on how on the ball the creditor is, but usually it will begin reporting at the end of your first statement. Depending on the timing, give it anywhere from 1-2 months for new accounts to show up. Capital One claims to report to all 3 but I know ALOT of people who say they don't and I have been one myself where they will miss months at a time. Between the 3 CRAs, I had a swiss cheese reporting for Capital One, I tried getting them to update it but it was like talking to a wall.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

They report once per month for me!  =)
Message 4 of 20
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They report once per month for me!  =)

Its nice to know that they don't screw everyone equally Smiley Happy

I have to say they were not the WORST in this but they were certainly the second to worst for me.

Message 5 of 20
laz98
Senior Contributor

it didn't take that long for them to start reporting for me, about 4 weeks.  they report every month.
Message 6 of 20
Guardian
Valued Contributor

4 weeks = 1 month which is consistent with 1-2 month experience, so something to be said about predictability. It also depends on when your billing cycle is, when they generate and report your first statement. Usually won't take longer than 2 months, if it does, then you might want to say something and check to see what is going on, but in a couple of cases, I noticed that it took a while to report but when they did, they reported the whole history from the beginning, which makes up for it (not CP1, but still)

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all. I've been lurking but this is my first post here. Anyway, I got my Cap1 card Dec. 20th and they still haven't reported for me.
Message 8 of 20
Scamp
Valued Contributor

ctl wrote:
Hi all. I've been lurking but this is my first post here. Anyway, I got my Cap1 card Dec. 20th and they still haven't reported for me.

Welcome to the forums!  Pull up a chair!

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 9 of 20
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like Crapital One alright. First off, welcome, second, when is your statement date? I don't know if you can still pick your statement date with them and either way, find out what date it is, then add 1-2 months approximately from the time of the first statement generation, to the time you see it on your report. That has been fairly consistent for them but if it goes beyond that, then pull up a chair as scamp put it and get ready to become a formal and avid hater of CP1. This is not the first chance to disappoint you and it will certainly not be the last.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.