cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does Citi update FICO Scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How often does Citi update FICO Scores?

@Anonymous wrote:

You get new ones about once a month, and they are always about two weeks old.

You got that right.

Message 11 of 17
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Walmart's FICO is monthly also.  I believe they all are.  If you want frequent updates there's the $19.95 a month here. 

I don't need more frequent updates. I just don't understand why they display the score 2 weeks after they pull it. Why not show it right away?

Message 12 of 17
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Besides, I can get a regular EQ FICO for $12.95 anytime, instead of this FAKO-looking Bankcard Enhanced crapola.

Message 13 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@thelethargicage wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Walmart's FICO is monthly also.  I believe they all are.  If you want frequent updates there's the $19.95 a month here. 

I don't need more frequent updates. I just don't understand why they display the score 2 weeks after they pull it. Why not show it right away?

If it's that big of an issue, why don't you write them or hit them up on twitter or FB?

Personally, I don't care since I'm glad they provide it like most other lenders have started doing so.  And let's face it, sometimes Barclays takes a while to update theirs too!  It's free, it's there, it's good.  Let's say there was a lag of a couple days before it was updated - it still wouldn't be that accurate for some folks since it's bound to fluctuate if something changed on an individual's profile in those couple days. 

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thelethargicage wrote:

I just got my first FICO score from Citi, but I noticed it was from a SP done 2 weeks ago. Do they usually give you 2-week old FICOs? I changed my payment date from the 27th day of the month to the 3rd when I activated my card. I wonder if that had something to do with it.

I know that they have it, and my usually update the second week of each month, but honestly I do not pay more attention to their score.

Message 15 of 17
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Barclays displays the updated FICO the very day they pull it.

Citi, on the other hand, pulls it on X date but shows it to you 2 weeks later.

Discover pulls it on the 17th of the month but won't display until the day before the statement closes (in my case, the 22nd).

Message 16 of 17
Aarvard
Established Contributor

Mine is on the 10th of every month. Not sure about others.

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.