Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does Comenity Bank do CLI's?

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

How often does Comenity Bank do CLI's?

Do they seriously make you wait 12 months for your first CLI?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Re: How often does Comenity Bank do CLI's?

@Shellie wrote:

Do they seriously make you wait 12 months for your first CLI?

The first is at the 9th statement, then every 3 months after that. That was with my Gordman's card, but YMMV.

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 2 of 25
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Do they give decent increases?

How did you get a Gordmans card, btw?

Message 3 of 25
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Both of mine (VS & Brylane) waited every bit of 9 months....close to 10 actually. I got mine thru the luv button and they both were increased by 400. Not much but I rarely use them both and I am really just trying to get all limits to at least 1k. VS almost made it....lol

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 4 of 25
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

Do they give decent increases?

How did you get a Gordmans card, btw?

$3-400 per pop, just got my 2nd increase last friday. I applied online, no shopping cart trick though Smiley Sad

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 5 of 25
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I've only had my cards since May on the Maurices and probably June-July on VS.  I have used the Maurices card twice but with a $150 limit I really don't want to use it at all.  You could max that out in one trip to the store.  The VS opened with a $500 limit.  I don't have a VS any where near me so I have yet to use that one.  Thinking about it I hope it doesn't get closed on me for non-use!

Message 6 of 25
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Comenity has been funny.

I have some Comenity cards that are over 9 months old and I haven't been able to get a CLI on any of them.

On the other hand, Until recently, I was able to get CLI's monthly on my J.Crew card. 1st one happened a month after I had gotten it and they were usually $200 a pop.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 7 of 25
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I actually got the pop-up for J. Crew but I don't shop there so I didn't take it.  It didn't say what the limit was tho either?  I thought that was odd.

Message 8 of 25
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

I actually got the pop-up for J. Crew but I don't shop there so I didn't take it.  It didn't say what the limit was tho either?  I thought that was odd.

Really? Mine said the limit when it popped up for me. That's definitely odd.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 9 of 25
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I read over the whole thing and it didn't say it anywhere.  I'm sure that played a part in why I didn't accept it.  But really I would never shop at that store so I don't need it.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.