cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does Comenity Bank do CLI's?

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Re: How often does Comenity Bank do CLI's?

In everyone's opinion, do cc companies show more love if you PIF every month?  Or carry a balance, small or large?  Etc.

Message 21 of 25
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

I have several Comenity cards and usually get a CLI every 6 months via LUV button.  Comenity likes to see useage and it does not seem to matter if you PIF or carry a balance, it is more about useage.   It seems that other CC's generally give CLI's at the 6 or 12 mos.   There is always an exception, so it is hard to say exactly.

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 22 of 25
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I have used one of the cards twice now but not the other.  I guess I need to break down and make a trip to the city and go to VS.  Or order some lotions or something of their website so use that card.

Message 23 of 25
Boragard
Established Contributor

Well after reading this thread I decided to pull the trigger (again) and request a credit increase of my Comenity card (The Room Place). Back in June, June 23rd to be exact, I went into the store for a new bedroom set. I was originally going to pay cash, they offered their line of credit and said no interest for 6 months, which would be December 24th. If after 6 months APR would be 28.99%. I signed up for it and was approved. In September, I requested an increase via the luv button on the site, got the 7-10 day message which came back as a denial, at that time I was halfway done with payments. On November 15th, I was tired of making payments on this account and finally killed it. I got a new statement with a 0 (zero balance) for the month of December. Since I had no balance I hit the luv button again today at 10am CT after reading this thread and was approved for CLI of $500. I will take it! So I've had my account less than 6 months with an increase. I am thinking they want your balance to be 0 when requesting an increase. That is what I gather from previous experiences.
Message 24 of 25
john398
Senior Contributor

Yes I went from 1200 to 4700 by requesting CLI online, they seem very libral

@lithium78 wrote:

Anybody know anything about CLIs for the Comenity Total Rewards Visa?

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.