Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does Comenity do a soft pull?

tag
natecooper75
Valued Member

How often does Comenity do a soft pull?

Based on what I have seen, Comenity soft pulls Equifax. My Equifax score has increased to 683 over that last few months. During that time, I have been trying the shopping cart trick on various sites. I have never seen an approval from any of them. Do they do a soft pull every time you do the trick or do they only do it a few times a month? Is my score even high enough? I'm particularly looking at the Sportsman's Guide Visa so that I can have a card with a higher credit limit.

EQ: 678 (Lender Pull 2/28/14) | EX: 669 (Lender Pull 2/28/14) | TU: 664(Lender Pull 2/28/14) 651 (Discover TU 08 3/13/14) 693 (MyFICO TU 98)
Mouseover for Limits

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How often does Comenity do a soft pull?

@natecooper75 wrote:

Based on what I have seen, Comenity soft pulls Equifax. My Equifax score has increased to 683 over that last few months. During that time, I have been trying the shopping cart trick on various sites. I have never seen an approval from any of them. Do they do a soft pull every time you do the trick or do they only do it a few times a month? Is my score even high enough? I'm particularly looking at the Sportsman's Guide Visa so that I can have a card with a higher credit limit.

FWIW, the members I've seen get the Sportsman's Guide Visa through the shopping cart trick had FICOs over 700.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 2 of 10
savage6970

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@natecooper75 wrote:

FWIW, the members I've seen get the Sportsman's Guide Visa through the shopping cart trick had FICOs over 700.

After following several threads on the forum about the shopping cart trick I signed on to the Sportsmans Guide website and registered an account. I then logged off and cleared my history,temp int files cache, and my cookies. I then signed back into TSG using a different browser(IE instead of Firefox). Put the Sportsmans Guide Membership in your cart, and a few other items. I put in a nice flannel lined jean jacket. Now proceed to checkout and your pop up should appear. I got an instant approval. They did not report a CL but I was pleased to find out it was $2500. There have been no pulls of any sort hard or soft on my reports. Also got a Total Rewards Visa the same way and have already got 3 CLI's(1 by phone 2 via the luv button and havent even used the card yet. When I got the TR Visa it did pop up that they pulled EX I think(maybe TU)and that my FICO was 666. I still havent seen any action at any CRA. Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 10
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Popups for the Sportsman's Guide card didn't start coming for me until I was above 700.

I had put my middle initial in my profile and, since my EQ report still has my old apartment number listed, that as well.

I used IE.

The funny thing is that it's still pre-approving me even though I have a card. Kinda weird.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 4 of 10
ontop
Regular Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

I had put my middle initial in my profile and, since my EQ report still has my old apartment number listed, that as well.

I used IE.

Hi Injustifiable,

It seems like there was no field to input middle initial, only first and last name, so do you remember how did you do it?

Thanks,

Starting Score: 547
Current FICO Score: TU 747, EQ 732, EX 742 [10/2014]
Goal FICO Score: 777
Message 5 of 10
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@ontop wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

I used IE.

Hi Injustifiable,

It seems like there was no field to input middle initial, only first and last name, so do you remember how did you do it?

Thanks,

I just stuck both under First Name.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 6 of 10
IgnatiusReilly
Regular Contributor

I haven't checked which CB they pulled from, but I just got approved for a Sportsman Visa with a CL of $7,000.  My scores are in the mid-700's.  At some point I will ask for a CL.  Hope this helps.  Also, I didn't get a pop-up with my CL, I called to get it. 

Message 7 of 10
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Soft pull was done on EQ.

Message 8 of 10
ontop
Regular Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:
I just stuck both under First Name.

Oh, Nice trick! Why didn't I think of this Smiley Tongue

Thanks

Starting Score: 547
Current FICO Score: TU 747, EQ 732, EX 742 [10/2014]
Goal FICO Score: 777
Message 9 of 10
savage6970

@injustifiiable wrote:

Popups for the Sportsman's Guide card didn't start coming for me until I was above 700.

I used IE.

The funny thing is that it's still pre-approving me even though I have a card. Kinda weird.

Forgot to mention this in my post. In my case for getting cart pre approvals some places have me as living in Apt 4 and some as in #4, and also the middle initial. Try all combos if your determinedSmiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.