Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does Lowes give a CLI?

tag
clocktick
Valued Contributor

How often does Lowes give a CLI?

I read on here Lowes will give a CLI (at your request) every 4-6 months but that was an older thread.  Anyone know otherwise?  I do use the card heavily.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Built2last
New Contributor

Re: How often does Lowes give a CLI?

Lowes in backed by GE and you can request a CLI every four months via the online luv button or by calling credit solutions directly. You are eligible for a CLI every four months but they don't have to "give" you one. However, GE backed cards are usually very receptive to CLI requests if you use the card and pay on time.
 photo chase-freedom-personal_zps7d0f91f4.png">
Message 2 of 4
Built2last
New Contributor

Lowes is backed by GE and you can request a CLI every four months via the online luv button or by calling credit solutions directly. You are eligible for a CLI every four months but they don't have to "give" you one. However, GE backed cards are usually very receptive to CLI requests if you use the card and pay on time.
 photo chase-freedom-personal_zps7d0f91f4.png">
Message 3 of 4
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

I read on here Lowes will give a CLI (at your request) every 4-6 months but that was an older thread.  Anyone know otherwise?  I do use the card heavily.

There is a technique that I have read about on another forum: 

For an immediate CLI on a Home Depot or Lowes account, tell the rep that you need a higher limit to make a major purchase, such as kitchen cabinets, washer/dryer, refrigerator, etc.

It might also be helpful to go into the store, and ask the "contractor services" rep to call in the request on your behalf. 

They know that you will be making the large purchase somewhere, so it might as well be from them -

Store managers can often be quite helpful in getting your CLI approved.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.