cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does Walmart report to CRAs???

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

How often does Walmart report to CRAs???

Walmart is ticking me off a bit. I got the card on 11/17, and they immediately report it to the CRAs w/0 bal. Fine.

Then, the first stmt cut, like a week later (?) and reported the balance to the CRAs on 11/25. Fine. (Well, sort of. I don't get how the first stmt would cut and report a balance to the CRAs less than a week after the acct. was opened.)

Then today, 12/4 (10 days later), they reported my balance *again* to the CRAs. I ret'd an item, so my bal decreased. I haven't even made a pmt yet. The due date is 12/14 and the next stmt date is 12/21. So why in the heck are they reporting to the CRAs??? Does this mean that they are also softing me? I just don't know what to think of this. I didn't have this kind of problem w/GEMB Old Navy. I wonder if it's a Walmart thing.

Anyone else have this happen?

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

Re: How often does Walmart report to CRAs???

Yes, they immediately reported me having a zero balance, before my card even arrived. However, when the card arrived (as I usually do with all my cards) I phoned customer service and asked two questions.  1)When does my statement close and 2) what is my payment due date--approximately.  Once I had my answers I was good to go.  Discover took an two months to report to the bureaus, but I was prepared for them to report my balance the month prior, since I had called the day my card arrived and asked those two magical questions.  I don't like to guess about anything, anymore, when it comes to my credit. I'm semi anal about those things, so I keep a spreadsheet with closing dates, due dates and balances on my laptop at home, on my computer at work and on my smartphone.  When I update one, wherever I may be, I e-mail it to myself so that I can update the others--keeping the information up to date at all times.  I've worked too hard to get this far to let a small thing (which turns into a big thing) like a late payment or whatever bring my score down.

Message 2 of 18
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@jasimae wrote:

Yes, they immediately reported me having a zero balance, before my card even arrived. However, when the card arrived (as I usually do with all my cards) I phoned customer service and asked two questions.  1)When does my statement close and 2) what is my payment due date--approximately.  Once I had my answers I was good to go.  Discover took an two months to report to the bureaus, but I was prepared for them to report my balance the month prior, since I had called the day my card arrived and asked those two magical questions.  I don't like to guess about anything, anymore, when it comes to my credit. I'm semi anal about those things, so I keep a spreadsheet with closing dates, due dates and balances on my laptop at home, on my computer at work and on my smartphone.  When I update one, wherever I may be, I e-mail it to myself so that I can update the others--keeping the information up to date at all times.  I've worked too hard to get this far to let a small thing (which turns into a big thing) like a late payment or whatever bring my score down.

Smiley Very Happy i have a dry eraserboard above my desk that i keep track of all my cards and loans,,, u should start the anal thread,,lol

Message 3 of 18
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Well, I understand their reporting the new CC and even the balance on the first statement (even tho it cut 1 week after the CC was issued!). What I *don't* get is *why* they reported the balance *again!* 1 week later. Do they report to the CRAs every week???

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 18
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Well, I understand their reporting the new CC and even the balance on the first statement (even tho it cut 1 week after the CC was issued!). What I *don't* get is *why* they reported the balance *again!* 1 week later. Do they report to the CRAs every week???

ic done some xmas shoping,, il go look now,, be right back

Message 5 of 18
dalebb
Valued Contributor

nope,,, still at $0.00 on EX

Message 6 of 18
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

No, it's monthly.  You probably just fell into a cycle where it reported and then it was time to report again.  If concerned, maybe you should call and ask.

Message 7 of 18
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Yeah, I called, but they are closed. Will call again tomorrow.

I know a lot of people here have their CC, so I'd really like to know if anyone else has experienced this. It just doesn't make any sense at all to me.

Message 8 of 18
dalebb
Valued Contributor

i check my CR eveyday, and my biggest complant is why dont they report

Message 9 of 18
laz98
Senior Contributor

no, i don't think they report every week, otherwise i'd notice them reporting my balance every time i put gas in my car Smiley Happy

when i first got the card, i waited for the 1st statement to cut before i used it, because i wanted the zero balance to report.  well a few days after my purchase they reported the doggone balance!  so i don't know why they did that, but it has happened to me as well.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.