Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does cc companies use

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How often does cc companies use

Fico bank card 8? Or is fico 8 the common used version? I was looking over approval/cli/denial letters and noticed it doesn't say what version they use and myfico shows "commonly used by cc lenders" bank card 08 just want to know because it would be convenient to check that specific version before apping for cards in the future seeing as it is higher/lower than standard fico 08
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: How often does cc companies use

Most of the scores I have been given from CC companies are the standard FICO 08 scores.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most use FICO08 and others rely heavily on their internal scores also.

Message 3 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

How often doesn't really matter.  It's who uses it and who doesn't that matters.  If you want to know what number a creditor will pull for you then you need to pull a score generated using the same model.  Don't simply rely on FICO 8 or FICO 8 Bankcard for all creditors.

Message 4 of 7
FicoNoobiski
Valued Member

Different banks use different variants of the score. According to the banks that gives the free FICO score, it is the same score they use to maintain your account. I don't know if that means they use it for approval or not, but for what's it worth...

FNBO uses Experian 08 Bankcard score
Citibank uses Equifax 08 Bankcard score
AMEX uses Experian 08 score (general version)
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you know about those three?
Message 6 of 7
happypill
Valued Contributor

I don't have any info on how often, but I can tell you that FNBO (AKA First Bankcard) uses Experian FICO 8 Bancard score for approvals.  It's also what they provide for their free FICO.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.