Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often/much do you app?

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: How often/much do you app?

@lg8302ch wrote:

I was a really bad girl in 2013 as I added 100K additional credit with 7 new cards...feel that was the limit for me. After my Arrival approval I decided to behave a little better and add 1 card every 6 months only. We will see how that will turn out on my next app for Sallie Mae in June Smiley Happy if declined then I will go for the next on my wishlist .

I too am looking to app for sallie Mae cc in June July time frame. How do inquiries from previous year affect this year? After one year are they still looked at when apping for new cards. What I mean is do they still count as hard inquiries?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 21 of 32
red259
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

I was a really bad girl in 2013 as I added 100K additional credit with 7 new cards...feel that was the limit for me. After my Arrival approval I decided to behave a little better and add 1 card every 6 months only. We will see how that will turn out on my next app for Sallie Mae in June Smiley Happy if declined then I will go for the next on my wishlist .

I too am looking to app for sallie Mae cc in June July time frame. How do inquiries from previous year affect this year? After one year are they still looked at when apping for new cards. What I mean is do they still count as hard inquiries?

They are still looked at by CCCs, but after a year they aren't impacting your credit score. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 22 of 32
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

They are still looked at by CCCs, but after a year they aren't impacting your credit score. 

That's definitely an bummer. Had few triple pulls from cap one last year that may make it more difficult to get approved it looks like sadly.

Message 23 of 32
red259
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

That's definitely an bummer. Had few triple pulls from cap one last year that may make it more difficult to get approved it looks like sadly.

Just because they look at them doesn't mean they will deny you based on them. A CCC is still going to weigh a bunch of HPs over a year old differently than a bunch of HPs in the last two months. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 24 of 32
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Just because they look at them doesn't mean they will deny you based on them. A CCC is still going to weigh a bunch of HPs over a year old differently than a bunch of HPs in the last two months. 

Hmm I see my last app was in October.was going to try for Sallie Mae in late June or July sometime. Will see how it goes. Was going to try for both Sallie Mae and fidelity amex but maybe shouldn't test my luck 

Message 25 of 32
eagle2013
Established Contributor

My spree of 4 new TLs this year were pretty much all of the cards I want.

Up next on my list is US Bank Cash + and an auto loan later on this year.

In the future, I think I will stick to an app-spree of no more than 2 cards once a year around Sept-Nov. Seems like the better sign-up bonuses are around the holiday season.

Message 26 of 32
mrgoattoo
New Contributor

@red259 wrote:

Since I am still laying the foundation of my credit report (have six cards at the moment). I have been trying to keep my app cycles to once every six months or so and no more than 3 to 4 cards at a time. I have read about people applying for four credit cards every 91 days and was wondering what practice everyone uses namely, how often do you apply for cards and when you apply how many do you usually go for in one cycle?

Initially when my credit score got high enough for approvals I went nuts and got all the cards I  could, then let the smoke clear for a couple years.

Since then I might do an app or two every couple years IF its worth it. I have more credit then I need so I only apply for a new card if it has something worth apping for, such as the BarclayCard giving double points for gas, grocery and utility purchases, plus a FICO score every 60 days or so.

I wouldnt go too nuts with applying unless youre just trying to get a few new cards and wanting all the inquiries to fall off about the same time.

TU FICO average 819
Message 27 of 32
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@lg8302ch wrote:

That sounds like my plan! Smiley Happy Great minds, you know what they say! lol

Message 28 of 32
Chris679
Established Contributor

No more than one card per year for me
Message 29 of 32
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

I guess I will find out in June...none of my inq will fall off until December Smiley Sad....but my app is planned so that the Arrival hits the 1 yr mark and the most recent card 6 months...so we will see how this experiment goes.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.