Valued Contributor
MovingForward_2012

Re: How often to charge to keep CC open?

I usually go into Best Buy once or twice year to make a purchase in significant amount ($500+). I would prefer to only use the card for those purchases...I guess I could buy a movie or one of my favorite TV series every 3-6 mos since I will want to watch them now, on the 55" with home theater (LOL!). :-) On the old 60" gigantic dinosaurus box TV, I would only watch the news and short sitcoms and listen to my electronica while I cleaned the house as the sound quality was good, but the screen quality was poor. It now sits in the so called "Mother-In-Law" Room of the new house. They call it that because it has its own bathroom with its own walk in shower. My son's bedroom shares a Jack and Jill bathroom...one bedroom has his bed, etc., the other room is his playroom with indoor basketball hoop, easel, etc.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! :smileyhappy: Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}