cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often to hit the luv button capital one?

tag
Florida1990
Frequent Contributor

How often to hit the luv button capital one?

I hit the luv button through capital one because I thought that it was my 6 month mark and I would get a credit limit increase but I was told it was still too early. On the 13th I am supposed to get my 6th statement so my question is since I just hit the luv button can I just hit it again at midnight the 13th or 14th? Will this flag or hurt me somehow?

Pre-CH7 Scores- TU 584 EX 540 EQ 581
Post-CH7 Scores- TU 656 EX 630 EQ 670

Navy Fed Cash Rewards-$4,500, Credit One MC $500, Credit One VS $700 Ollo Platinum MC $900, Avant MC $1,000 Primor Secured Vs. $200, Wayfair $750, Eddie, Jcrew, Boscov $250-$300.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: How often to hit the luv button capital one?

@Florida1990 wrote:

I hit the luv button through capital one because I thought that it was my 6 month mark and I would get a credit limit increase but I was told it was still too early. On the 13th I am supposed to get my 6th statement so my question is since I just hit the luv button can I just hit it again at midnight the 13th or 14th? Will this flag or hurt me somehow?

I hit it all the time because they never say yes. Haven't seen any AA yet Smiley Tongue 

Message 2 of 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

It's a SP so it wont hurt.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're fairly stingy in my experience. 

I started out with a Capital One Cash Rewards for Newcomers as my first ever credit experience with a toy $300 limit. After I think the 5th billing period, their "Credit Steps" program upped it to $500. From there, I honestly forget how long I waited, probably at least 6 months (so close to a year since the account was opened total) and hit the credit increase button. I came up with a $500 increase to $1,000. If I recall correctly I had tried in the past unsuccessfully before that.

Since then it has been difficult. I tried again after that one time when I wanted to make a $1,100 purchase, was denied online, and ended up contacting the executive office via email. They replied back to schedule a time I could call someone and speak about it over the phone. During that negotiation I asked for $5,000, but when asked I did say I would accept less. They came back with an offer of $2,500 which I accepted.

Since then I haven't asked for anything, but recently about 2 months ago they suddenly increased my limit to $4,000 via auto-CLI. A rare move for Capital One I think? That may have been my 2 yr 6 mo mark.

TLDR of this is, if the online option doesn't work and you're serious about a credit increase, try (politely!) contacting their executive office via email, and they may offer to negotiate over the phone. This gives you a chance to kindly explain your situation, why you deserve or need the increase, etc to a real person.

Good luck.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Daily.
Message 5 of 6
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Every 6 months for best results.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.