Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often to request CLI & do they HP? Discover & Cap1

tag
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

How often to request CLI & do they HP? Discover & Cap1

Suggestions for CLI

Cap1 Originally Platinum with $750 CL. After about 8 months I requested a CLI and they increased me to $3750. Then in early March I PC'd from the Platinum to the QS Card. I also requested CLI which they denied as they stated they could only make one change to the account every 6 months? I tried to have someone answer if they ment the CLI they had given me (it was 1 week early of 6 months) or that because I had PC's to a better card that I had to wait another 6 months.  

Also, I got a Discover IT in late Jan for $2000. I am carrying a balance on this card as it is at 0% interest for 15 month.  Is it too early to request a CLI?

My untilization is under 30% for both cards.  I carry a balance of $1700 on Discover because of the 0% interest and 0 Balance on the QS.  

Any thoughts?  I would do a CLI every month, other month, 3 months or whatever. But I don't want HP's. I did not see a HP on my first Cap1 increase show up on my CR. 

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: How often to request CLI if they HP: Discover & Cap1

cap1 will be who knows... you have already had infanant more success than many of us including me! hit the button monthly until you get something if you want... it's always a sp.

discover you can request cli every 90 days... if you have to call in they can put in request all the way to the point if they want a hp or not... I would probably deny the hp until at least month 6 and then maybe it's worth taking and at that point you can then ask for credit analyst if you have any issues and talk them directly too.

but discover seems to be hit or miss rather people get SP CLI.

Message 2 of 3
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: How often to request CLI if they HP: Discover & Cap1

@Creditaddict wrote:

cap1 will be who knows... you have already had infanant more success than many of us including me! hit the button monthly until you get something if you want... it's always a sp.

discover you can request cli every 90 days... if you have to call in they can put in request all the way to the point if they want a hp or not... I would probably deny the hp until at least month 6 and then maybe it's worth taking and at that point you can then ask for credit analyst if you have any issues and talk them directly too.

but discover seems to be hit or miss rather people get SP CLI.

Thanks for reply.

So has anyone else heard the "6 months" response with Cap1?  I know they don't tend to give very high limits and I see a lot of people getting rejections. I just never got a clear answer from them. Thinking I will wait until later this month and try again and probably same with Discover since late in the month will be my 90 days with them.  Would having a high amount on Discover be a negative?

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.