cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often will PayPal Credit increase limit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How often will PayPal Credit increase limit?

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Im not sure but as a data point for you i believe i've had my account for about a year and just yesterday received my first cli, $1000 on top of my limit of 592. I did recently pay off entire balance but before doing so would buy various things on ebay and basically making monthly payments. I hope with time and great payment record i will continue to get some auto luvSmiley Happy

I've had my account since 2013, but I used it only once between then and late 2015. Since then, I've used it for several decent sized purchases ($200-300 each) that I've paid off within 1-2 months. Did you get the 6mo no payments on your ebay purchases?

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Strogen wrote:

Most of my Paypal credit increases came from pushing the limit and seeing if a purchase would be approved. I was denied more than once but they havent denied me in over a year now. 

Started at $1500 and now at $4420. I had it maxed at $3750 recently and when I got my $5K bonus check from work I paid it off in full and in the next day or two it had increased  automatically to $4420. 

Looks like it combination of pushing the limit, utilization and a good payment history + paying it down. 

Just yesterday I decided to apply for a MacMall account (same lender as paypal credit) just to see since I was obviously in their good graces, approved for $5K. A year ago when my paypal credit was maxed they denied for macmall account so keeping it maxed is a bad idea. 

Wow, that's awesome and thanks for the info. I've had a couple of charges of $200-300 and i've paid them off within about 2 months each to ensure I beat the interest charges, so I hope your strategy works for me as well. Even though I have my Capital One cards with no interest, I like the ability to pay for some things over time, without my utilz taking a hit. Plus the no interest will be ending by the end of the year so I want to have the flexibility to use this if I need too. 

Message 12 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hi amberlina, i know i had various items that had the six month no payments but since i was buying a little here a little there i honestly lost check of what 6 months no payments i had the option of utilizing unless they would say pay this amount by so and so to avoid additional chargs. I just made my payments .Smiley Happy it will be interesting if they turn this into a 2% cash back account as a poster made note earlier that they received an email about.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.