cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often you guys get mail with pre approved offers?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How often you guys get mail with pre approved offers?

Some. Got Am Ex, Discover, Quicksilver.  Elderly Mom used to get a lot before her lawyer and caregiver tried to rob her and her scores were around 800. Got FNBO, Merrick,Wal Mart, and Capital Ine Platinum.

Opened all of the cards mentioned. Shred the First Premier, Fingerhut, Verve, and the like.

Keep in mind if you have scores in the 600's you won't get many good offers. Once scores get above 750 across the board LOTS of the good offers come in.

Message 11 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mossman? I get preapprovals. in the mail all of the time 😂😂😂😂😂 maybe about 5 a week. How many do you get
Message 12 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not opted out because I want to see what's coming. But nothing's coming my way. DW gets offers all the time, prolly because she carries a few $$ on balance. They don't want me because they know they wouldn't make any money on me...
Message 13 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get the nutty predatory cards and I shredd them quick. I went without credit cards for seven years and never did I consider trying any of those when my scores were so low due to thin file.i mostly get personal loans and car loans offers, again, nothing I need. 

Message 14 of 40
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@orestrus wrote:

Some even reported receiving e-mails..How could they know e-mail address after all? Im still waiting to get my very first mail..lol

its been the usual FP and Credit one, but lately Ive been getting some local "preapproved" mortage letters..Dont they know Im planning to use Navy?! LOL

Message 15 of 40
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

I use to get 5 to 7 a week from crap cards, no I get 2 to 3 for credit one or FP and some random ones. I got three from citi for Mt double cash which brought a tear to my eye Smiley Very Happy I'm starting to get better pre-approvals now though, intrest rate is lowering so hopefully I'll be getting some freedom ones soon!!!
Message 16 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Visa Black about twice a month. Nothing else, ever. 

Message 17 of 40
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Me, not so much, my spouse every. Single. Day. The worst offenders: Capital One, Bank of America, FNBO, Citi, and recently Citizens Bank. Amex and Discover use to be bad, but then he went ahead and applied. 

Message 18 of 40
aav
Established Contributor

Only once a week or so. Hubby gets them almost daily.
EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 19 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get a preapproval for a crappy card probably 5 times a month - First Premier, Credit One, etc. If we are talking about non scammy lenders, only 1 or 2 per month, max. My latest one that wasn't totally sucky was a preapproval for the Walmart credit card earlier this month, but even that isn't very exciting. Before I got the Freedom though, I got 3-4 letters from Chase inviting me to apply for one if their cards, which seemed so strange to me at the time because my scores were even worse than they are now.

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.