cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How "Hard inquiries" effect my Credit Report/Credit Score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How "Hard inquiries" effect my Credit Report/Credit Score?

I have NO/Unrated credit history. I want to build my credit score and shopped for credit cards and got lot declines. All of these inquiries appearing in my Credit report as "Hard inquiries"? Currently I have ~9 hard inquiries?

Finally I got a Bank of America Credit unsecured card Feb 2007 with $500 credit limit. How long will it take to build my credit history with this one revolving account. Do I need to open more credit cards?

I did not take any auto or any other loan till now. My Rental application got turned down recently. Can you please advice? Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How "Hard inquiries" effect my Credit Report/Credit Score?

That's an easy way to start a credit history without inquires . remember to ask if the report to the 3 bureaus , 

and as mention in the above thread you might want to get a secured CC from the union also.

Message Edited by rbbyrbsn on 07-16-2007 02:10 PM
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Above link is great! That will help. But you will also want to hunt for more unsecured credit cards or secured card if you have to. You will build new credit faster with more 3-4 cards if you are responsible, maybe 200%-300% faster. I would also follow the above link on personal loans. As far as I have NO/Unrated, this should disappear after 6 months. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank for the suggestions!!

CommonWealth Credit Union is next to my office. Is it a good one to start with it or do we need to take any care in selecting the Credit Unions?

WellsFargo is offering Personal Line of Credit with money secured from your CD. Currently they are offering around 11.25%. Is it a good option to consider.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

whoo what is the CD earning? unless it earning 8.25+ APR they are charging Way too much over the earning rate, Credit Unions chrage 2-3% over what the money is earning when the loan was made.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

CD earnign is only 4.88% (APY 5%) for 5 months. I will check with Credit unions.

Message 6 of 7
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
CD earnign is only 4.88% (APY 5%) for 5 months. I will check with Credit unions.

Ahh nostalgia. A CD earning ONLY 5% APY. The good old days.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.