Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How's Alliant with CLI's?

tag
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

How's Alliant with CLI's?

Last week I applied for an account with Alliant. I was denied checking because of chexsystems, but they opened up a savings for me. I didn't get any offers online since  the membership was approved a few days later. So I funded the savings and put in an online app for their platinum visa. I asked for $5k, and I got $2.5k.

So now my question, since I think I may have snuck in the backdoor with Alliant, is how are they with CLIs, etc? I don't want to rock the boat too much!

Plus anyone else get denied checking, but get membership and credit? In reading the forums I don't think I've seen it happen.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: How's Alliant with CLI's?

They require an HP for card holder initiated CLI requests. 

A few, not many, reports of auto CLI after approx. 9 -18 mos., under the circumstances, perhaps wait and see if an auto CLI is offered...  I haven't heard any reports of approval for loan product but denied checking either, congrats!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

They require an HP for card holder initiated CLI requests. 

A few, not many, reports of auto CLI after approx. 9 -18 mos., under the circumstances, perhaps wait and see if an auto CLI is offered...  I haven't heard any reports of approval for loan product but denied checking either, congrats!

I'm glad to hear there have been some auto CLI's after 9-18 months.  DH is at 13 months and we were wondering what their history is.  score_building - have you gotten a CLI from them?  I'm curious about how much they give - in general.

Message 3 of 5
score_building
Senior Contributor

No-haven't received one so far (1+yr old cc) of course it will vary but the posts I viewed indicated CLIs of 1-3k IIRC, gave me hope for a hard free CLI, lol

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope you post if/when that good thing happens to you.  There's a dearth of info on Alliant CLI's.  Thanks for the info you shared - I haven't found it anywhere else.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.