Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How's Cabelas treating you?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How's Cabelas treating you?

It's been awhile since there's been much news about Cabelas.

We're thinking about hitting the "Request an Increase" button on DH's account.

He opened in 4/09 with a $5,000 CL and his 12th statement will cut in a week or two.

His EQ was 802 when he apped, it's now 760, utilization 1%, puts a good chunk through Cabela's monthly, always PIF.  His newest cc's are 9 months old.  Has Kroger $10,000 CL; Alliant 10,000 CL; Care Credit 11,500 CL; and the lovely BofA with a $500 CL (not a typo).

I think he can handle the hard pull Cabela's will give him.

What do you think his chances are of getting a CLI?  We'd like to see this one edge toward his higher CL's; especially since we'll be carrying a balance (yep - it's another spring wedding for our family!) for just a few months.  Just really don't want a CLD ;( or to waste that inquiry if the odds are against him.

Anyone have any luck with Cabela's CLI's????

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How's Cabelas treating you?

bumpity-bump-bump-bump

Hope to hear from somebody Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 14
okiesean
New Contributor

Hi, my aunt wanted a Cabelas card since she buys alot of stuff there for her son. We submitted an app and got the 7-10 day message and when we called the rep was really nice. She pulled the credit report up (EQ) and asked what kind of credit line she was wanting. She asked for a CL of 8000 and got it when her only other credit card was an old Sears MC from 2001 with a 3500CL and a couple loans.

I think if you will call up and ask the reps (in the credit dept not CSR) about a CLI they can talk to you about what they see on their end and maybe you can even negotiate a new CL with them. At least that was the impression I got. The lady representative was absolutely one of the nicest I have ever dealt with. I am thinking about applying with them but I dont want another low limit card so when I have everything ready they will be my next attempt at a new credit card.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cabela doesn't do the servicing, it's US Bank

just call the backdoor number (US Bank: 800-947-1444, 800-685-7680 (Underwriting) and ask them "am i eligible for a cli since i haven't gotten on on this card since i opened it"  see what they say, usually they'll do it on the spot, they'll pull a soft while you hold, so yes go for it!

Message 4 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Cabela doesn't do the servicing, it's US Bank

just call the backdoor number (US Bank: 800-947-1444, 800-685-7680 (Underwriting) and ask them "am i eligible for a cli since i haven't gotten on on this card since i opened it"  see what they say, usually they'll do it on the spot, they'll pull a soft while you hold, so yes go for it!

NO, Cabelas Visa is now handled through World's Foremost Bank.  I think if your declined by them they send it to USBank also

Message 5 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

they also no longer offer credit to anyone with bk

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH has Cabela's Club Visa, which is issued by World's Foremost Bank.

USBank did, and maybe still does offer, a Cabela's Visa Check Card - a debit card that gives you points for purchases, and is connected to a US Bank checking account.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

ooops looks like US Bank is no longer the issuer for Cabela

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success! Cabela's CL Increase

Yay!

Hit the Request Credit Limit Increase button on Saturday.

Popup screen requests monthly net income and verifies employer, housing and car payments, and whether you own or rent.  Filled out and requested $5,000 CLI to new CL of $10,000.  Received a popup that he would hear in so many business days.

Hard pull in Equifax on Sunday.

Monday morning, logged into Cabela's - new credit limit is $10,000.

Love these guys!

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@okiesean wrote:

Hi, my aunt wanted a Cabelas card since she buys alot of stuff there for her son. We submitted an app and got the 7-10 day message and when we called the rep was really nice. She pulled the credit report up (EQ) and asked what kind of credit line she was wanting. She asked for a CL of 8000 and got it when her only other credit card was an old Sears MC from 2001 with a 3500CL and a couple loans.

I think if you will call up and ask the reps (in the credit dept not CSR) about a CLI they can talk to you about what they see on their end and maybe you can even negotiate a new CL with them. At least that was the impression I got. The lady representative was absolutely one of the nicest I have ever dealt with. I am thinking about applying with them but I dont want another low limit card so when I have everything ready they will be my next attempt at a new credit card.

Thanks okiesean,

Your post really helped me decide to go ahead and try for the CLI.  Glad to hear about your aunt's experience.

They are pretty decent with CL's - I hope they are good to you when you give them a try.

They are one of my favorite cards - very easy to use.  I put all our monthly expenses through them and DH does good stuff with the Cabela's points.

Thanks again.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.