Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How's Citi Bank with CLI's?

tag
FICOADDICTED
New Contributor

How's Citi Bank with CLI's?

I'm just wondering how is Citi with CLI's; just got the Citi Cash Return and hoping to grow the limit with them..

Thanks!

Amex (3), Chase (2), Cap One(2), USAA (1), NFCU (1), Citi (2) Nordie Store Card, VS, BB Store card and HD store card......
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How's Citi Bank with CLI's?

They have been cheap to me. Others will disagree.

Message 2 of 8
FICOADDICTED
New Contributor

This is my first Citi major credit card; I have a Home Depot card in which I opened last 5/2008 and I got a CLI (+1400.00) 2 weeks ago without asking.  So I assumed they do an auto CLI's; I hope they apply to major credit cards.

Thanks...

Amex (3), Chase (2), Cap One(2), USAA (1), NFCU (1), Citi (2) Nordie Store Card, VS, BB Store card and HD store card......
Message 3 of 8
SYale2010
Valued Member

I have a Dividend card. The first time of having the card, I think Citi likes you to have it for six months of activity before any request.

When you sign up for your online account, Citi actually makes it very convenient for CLIs. There is a "Request Credit Line Increase" button that should be there, but if you press it before six months, it usually declines. After six months, the button re-appears (at least for me) every two months. So far, I haven't been declined yet, and the CLIs have been in the 800 dollar range.

I honestly think that Citi is a good company. Their costumer service was really nice when I did a product change just this morning.

Wish you luck with Citi as well! 

Message 4 of 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I opened my Citi card in February of 2008. They gave me an initial CL of $6000. They have auto-CLI'd me to $10,200 since.
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 8
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I got CashReturns in 10/2007, initial CL was $3900. Now this card has CL of $11300 and 5.99% APR.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 6 of 8
FICOADDICTED
New Contributor

Thanks SYale - I really want to grow with them.  They gave me a nice limit with Citi Cash $10900 even with my Home Depot, just wondering with CLI's. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They've showed me nothing, nothing but LOVE!!! I've had the card since 11/2000 and started with ~$4,500 CL. Over the course of 8 years they have auto CLI'd me to $25,000. I think in the 8 years I've requested once and the rest were auto CLI.

I was also the recipient of one of their "Change of Term" letters and with one call they rescinded the letter and lowered my APR by 1%.

Message Edited by RenoFico on 02-02-2009 11:05 PM
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.