Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How's Discover Checking Account?

tag
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Re: How's Discover Checking Account?

It appears that if you open the checking & close your card the checking stays open but u can't get get your CB. My debit $23 just went thru but of course no 10 cents back & the 58 cents that was there disappeared after (card) account closed.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 11 of 21
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

If it becomes available to the public, I ll open one as it seems to be a much better deal for me than my current interest checking account, which I love as well. With the discover checking account, you earn 10 cents per debit transaction, I don't even earn 10 cents a month on my interest checking account at Capital One 360 lol. I read reviews and its' a good checking account for people who use their debit card regurlarly.

Message 12 of 21
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Yup you also get 10 cents per check & bill pay
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 13 of 21
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

PLUS accepted at more than 60,000 ATMS.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 14 of 21
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@MoreRewards wrote:

+1 yes, forgot about that.

Message 15 of 21
vagrants
Regular Contributor

@Pat94108 wrote:

@MoreRewards wrote:

They recently had an amendment regarding to BillPay. I think you earn 10 cents/1 BillPay/day only or something like that. Any more than that will not earn 10 cents. I need to go back and re-read what they sent me.

Here it is:

Changes to Bill Payment Service Terms and Conditions

Dear Deposit Customer,

We are notifying you of changes to the Bill Payment Service Terms and Conditions that will occur on November 6, 2013.

The changes to the terms are as follows:

- You may only schedule one (1) one-time payment per day and one (1) recurring payment plan to each Biller for each unique account number you have with that Biller.

The Bill Payment Service Terms and Conditions have been updated to reflect these changes.
Click here to view the latest Bill Payment Service Terms and Conditions
https://www.discoverbank.com/bankac/billpay_tc.html.

Thank you for choosing Discover®.

Sincerely,

Discover Bank Customer Service

AMEX Cash Rebate (this isn't Costco, older version of Blue Cash), AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX BCP, AMEX SPG (personal), Barclay Sallie Mae Plat MC, BBVA Compass NBA AMEX (No AF), Capital One QuickSilver VISA Sig, Capital One QuickSilver World MC, 2x Chase Freedom VISA Sig, Chase Ink Bold World Elite MC, Citi Dividend AMEX/World MC, Citi Double Cash, Citi Hilton VISA Sig, Discover More, Discover It, Fidelity AMEX, Huntington Voice World MC, MyPoints Rewards VISA, 2x US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig
Message 16 of 21
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

What are the ways that this discover checking account can be funded?

Message 17 of 21
KhuKhu
New Contributor

@MoreRewards wrote:
It appears that if you open the checking & close your card the checking stays open but u can't get get your CB. My debit $23 just went thru but of course no 10 cents back & the 58 cents that was there disappeared after (card) account closed.

Thanks for the info. Thats what i wanted to know. I saw on the other thread you just got an IT. Do you think your 58 cents will transfer to that?

Message 18 of 21
KhuKhu
New Contributor

@vagrants wrote:

@Pat94108 wrote:

@MoreRewards wrote:

They recently had an amendment regarding to BillPay. I think you earn 10 cents/1 BillPay/day only or something like that. Any more than that will not earn 10 cents. I need to go back and re-read what they sent me.

Here it is:

Changes to Bill Payment Service Terms and Conditions

Dear Deposit Customer,

We are notifying you of changes to the Bill Payment Service Terms and Conditions that will occur on November 6, 2013.

The changes to the terms are as follows:

- You may only schedule one (1) one-time payment per day and one (1) recurring payment plan to each Biller for each unique account number you have with that Biller.

The Bill Payment Service Terms and Conditions have been updated to reflect these changes.
Click here to view the latest Bill Payment Service Terms and Conditions
https://www.discoverbank.com/bankac/billpay_tc.html.

Thank you for choosing Discover®.

Sincerely,

Discover Bank Customer Service

This makes it sound like I can only make 1 one-time payment a day. I can still make multiple onetime payments in a day, and just receive the 10 cents, right?

Edit: never mind, I read the terms carefully. Understand now.

Message 19 of 21
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

KhuKhu,

Nope!!! when I'd called after the 5-7 day message ...
He said I see you have $95.58 in cash back rewards so you need to redeem that. I asked if I could transfer to the new account. Answer NO. But he can do a $50 statement credit. Um I have a $0 balance. He can tranfer $50 to my bank & not the full amount ONLY $50. He said I had to redeem the remaining $45 in gift cards UGH.
I lost the 0.58 & the 0.10 from yesterday debit.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.