cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How's your credit journey coming along?

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: How's your credit journey coming along?

@chalupaman wrote:

@enxinas wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well...

Turned 18 in Jan 2014.  Got first card (Bank of America) in February 2014... $1000 limit.

Got second card (Discover) in March, $500 limit.  I've had 2 SP CLI and 1 HP CLI... it's now $1300.

In April, I got my BoA card increased to $5200.

In September, I got my AmEx at $2000.

In November, I got the AmEx increased to $6000.

In December, I put in a $25,000 credit limit request with BoA.  They sent it to review... and I was shocked when it was approved a few days later!

And this January, I turned 19... I'm coming up on a year's worth of credit history.  Discover says my score is 715.  I'll probably just keep building my score and not apply for anything until I turn 21.  Any advice from you guys?

I'm very pleased with my creditors so far.  BoA has been incredibly good to me, and AmEx is also nice with CLs, I've heard.  I'm hoping to eventually get my Discover limit up... but I hear they're stingy with everyone haha

Dayum, congrats on your 25k limit! Good job! Smiley Happy

+1

That is incredibly impressive, especially with BoA. I think they are great to work with. 

+2. I also wish I had been credit savvy then.  PS, if you have the student version of discover, they probably won't up much until you graduate (it goes to non student version)..  If you don't have the student version, they will wait till you are 21, since that ole 2009 law was kinda restrictive.

Signature needs updating
Message 31 of 61
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@enxinas wrote:

Wow, you've done just great!  ...and now that you are free of the excess baggage you'll be just fine.Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

Thanks man/girl(?) I forgot lol. Haha i know right? It was messy and she was part of the reason of my credit card journey hiatus haha. My ultimate goal now is to buy my own studio/loft somewhere in the LA area and having an excellent credit is a start Smiley Happy

Yes, it is!  ...and you are off to a good start.  Best of luck with your goals!

Message 32 of 61
elim
Senior Contributor

friking awesome!!!  congrats on the huge win...

so now i know if i ever need anything to be sure to tell you that "you can't do it" and it will surely GET DONE!

Message 33 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

so now i know if i ever need anything to be sure to tell you that "you can't do it" and it will surely GET DONE!

I always take it as a personal challenge when someone dares to tell me what I can and cant accomplish Smiley Wink Thats just my nature. Thank you!

Message 34 of 61
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@elim wrote:

Quoting might have been nice, but I figured out whom you were responding to (HF). Smiley Tongue

Signature needs updating
Message 35 of 61
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@elim wrote:

I always take it as a personal challenge when someone dares to tell me what I can and cant accomplish Smiley Wink Thats just my nature. Thank you!

I'm certain that HF will be completely unable to send me $1000 each day for the next month.  Just totally can't accomplish it.

Message 36 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@elim wrote:

I'm certain that HF will be completely unable to send me $1000 each day for the next month.  Just totally can't accomplish it.

Smiley LOL Nice try

Message 37 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@enxinas wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well...

Turned 18 in Jan 2014.  Got first card (Bank of America) in February 2014... $1000 limit.

Got second card (Discover) in March, $500 limit.  I've had 2 SP CLI and 1 HP CLI... it's now $1300.

In April, I got my BoA card increased to $5200.

In September, I got my AmEx at $2000.

In November, I got the AmEx increased to $6000.

In December, I put in a $25,000 credit limit request with BoA.  They sent it to review... and I was shocked when it was approved a few days later!

And this January, I turned 19... I'm coming up on a year's worth of credit history.  Discover says my score is 715.  I'll probably just keep building my score and not apply for anything until I turn 21.  Any advice from you guys?

I'm very pleased with my creditors so far.  BoA has been incredibly good to me, and AmEx is also nice with CLs, I've heard.  I'm hoping to eventually get my Discover limit up... but I hear they're stingy with everyone haha

Dayum, congrats on your 25k limit! Good job! Smiley Happy

+1

That is incredibly impressive, especially with BoA. I think they are great to work with. 

+2. I also wish I had been credit savvy then.  PS, if you have the student version of discover, they probably won't up much until you graduate (it goes to non student version)..  If you don't have the student version, they will wait till you are 21, since that ole 2009 law was kinda restrictive.

I don't think I have the student version of Discover... but yup, that's why I'm waiting until I'm 21 to apply for anything else.  For the next few years, I'll work on killing my student loans... although I don't have to pay until 2019, I don't want them to keep accruing interest!  I should be able to kill them off before I'm 21 Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

edit: duplicate post, sorry...

Message 39 of 61
kdong1996
Regular Contributor

Well..

July-2012 Was added as AU on a 14yr old account

Jan-2014 turned 18 with 16k annual salary

Applied for

Wells Fargo Platinum-Approved for 2k

Chase Freedom-Approved for 2.7k

Chase Amazon Visa-Denied due to limited history

EX-770 EQ,TU-750

March-2014

Chase Freedom Auto CLI to 3.7k

July-Aug-2014

Capital One Journey-Approved for 2k

Chase Amazon Visa-Denied then reconned+approved after moving 1k from Freedom

Paypal Extras MC-Instant Approval for 3k

Added as AU on old BoA 44k and new Amex BCP 19k

Nov-2014

Chase Amazon Auto CLI to 2k

Paypal Extras MC Auto CLI to 6.5k

Discover It-Instant Approval for 3k

Jan-2015 (Income raised to 40k)

Amex Everyday-Instant Approval for 17k

Marriott Rewards-Instant Approval for 10.5k

Sallie Mae-Instant Approval for 5k

Citi DoubleCash for 500

PCed Capital One Journey to QuickSilver

EX-754 TU-748 EQ-724

Future Goals: Obtain CSP with 55k bonus, CLI all cards to over 8k and reach 800 accross the boardSmiley Very Happy

It's been a great year thanks to everyone!

Message 40 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.