Established Member
mrancier

How serious is Chase about 6 months not denied ?

I recently got approved for a TJX MC and an amazon visa.  I called in because I really didn't want to keep the amazon card and was wondering if I could consolidate or product change to the freedom (the card is only 400 CL).  They said that I should just apply for the freedom as well.  I asked if this was going to be a problem, and the said not at all.  So I applied, called in and was told that I had just opened 2 other accounts and to try in 6 months.  I was pretty mad.This all took place in late december.  I've waited until the app status said I had no apps in the last 30 days.  So now I am wondering if I could apply for the card I really wanted without getting shot down again.  Are they going to give me the same 6 months excuse ? 
Senior Contributor
score_building

Re: How serious is Chase about 6 months not denied ?

mrancier wrote:
I recently got approved for a TJX MC and an amazon visa.  I called in because I really didn't want to keep the amazon card and was wondering if I could consolidate or product change to the freedom (the card is only 400 CL).  They said that I should just apply for the freedom as well.  I asked if this was going to be a problem, and the said not at all.  So I applied, called in and was told that I had just opened 2 other accounts and to try in 6 months.  I was pretty mad.This all took place in late december.  I've waited until the app status said I had no apps in the last 30 days.  So now I am wondering if I could apply for the card I really wanted without getting shot down again.  Are they going to give me the same 6 months excuse ? 
if they stated the requirement of at least 6 mos. you probably have to wait at least that long for successful reapp.
in the meantime you may be able to PC after the new regs kick in. 

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}