cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I cancel First Premier to show $0 balance on CR?

tag
punkypink

How should I cancel First Premier to show $0 balance on CR?

It's time to move on from First Premier. I havent used the card in months and months.... I only pay the $7 fee thats due every month. How do I cancel the card to show a $0 balance on my credit report instead of the $7 they charge me every month?

Starting Score (5.13.10): 557
Current Score (12.9.10): 604
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
spigot

Re: How should I cancel First Premier to show $0 balance on CR?

Eh, just close the account. They refunded the $7 monthly fee to bring me to a $0 balance when I closed my First Premier account.

Message 2 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'd pay the fee, wait till it's reflected online with a $0 balance, and then close. Print out screenshots of the $0 balance AND of the online confirmation that you closed it.

If you call to close, ask them to send you a letter verifying that your account was closed with a $0 balance, and save that letter!

Be sure to log into your account for several months after you closed it to make sure that they didn't sneak something back on.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 6
mross1080
Established Contributor

@spigot wrote:

Eh, just close the account. They refunded the $7 monthly fee to bring me to a $0 balance when I closed my First Premier account.

They did the same thing with me.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for their cards and got approved, duh. After I got the card, i saw their fees and interest and didn't even activate the card. I think it's about $50 in fees already. Didn't touch the card, they reported to all three as paid on time for four months, then they closed it. I guess they helpped my credit for three months...

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I got the card and saw fees I cancelled

immediately.  No fees paid.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.