cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I go about this "Invitation" from American Express?

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: How should I go about this "Invitation" from American Express?

I would also suggest waiting 6 months. Not sure if what I tested would work for you with Amex. I started the app on their website and filled all data but did not proceed with the final step. Then I got several email reminders to complete my app...still ignored it and then got the pre-approved offer by mail. If you decide to wait I would simply try this and see what happens in your case.

Message 11 of 12
red259
Super Contributor

Re: How should I go about this "Invitation" from American Express?

@lg8302ch wrote:

I would also suggest waiting 6 months. Not sure if what I tested would work for you with Amex. I started the app on their website and filled all data but did not proceed with the final step. Then I got several email reminders to complete my app...still ignored it and then got the pre-approved offer by mail. If you decide to wait I would simply try this and see what happens in your case.

This is interesting. There is a way on the amex website to get added to their mailing list. Of course, when I did it all I got was offers for prepaid cards. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.