cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I let my Macy's store card report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How should I let my Macy's store card report?

Hey everyone. I applied for a Macy's store card back in December '08 and was approved with a limit of $100. (I had no prior history except a 1 month old Citi mtvU card then.) I just hit my third month today and requested a CLI and was upped to a $200 limit.

Anyways, since I've had my card, I have been making a small purchase every month and paying it off in full before the reporting date.

What do you think would work better, 1) purchase something, let the balance report and then pay in full or 2) purchase something, pay it off in full before the reporting date and let it report a $0 balance?

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How should I let my Macy's store card report?

Score-wise, it is likely better to let it report $0. Per future CLIs, probably doesn't matter so as long as it is paid monthly.
Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: How should I let my Macy's store card report?

the more you use the card the bigger the CL will be in future. so if you charged like $600 a month to the card, obviously you would have to make MANY payments to be able to do that, but it will get you a much bigger CLI in 3 months
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.