cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I make Bank of America push my credit history to the credit bureaus???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How should I make Bank of America push my credit history to the credit bureaus???

I am having a Bank of America credit card for the past 2+ years and I have never missed any payment. Recently, when I checked my credit reports, I didn't see the bank of america credit card accounts listed.

But, I am seeing the initial credit check they ran when I applied for the credit card under the Enquiries section though.

When I called up Bank of America, they told that they are pushing the information correctly to the credit bureaus. When I checked with the credit bureaus, they told that they didn't recieve any information from Bank of America.

Could somebody suggest me what should I do to get that long standing good credit card account into my credit reports?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: How should I make Bank of America push my credit history to the credit bureaus???

I've never had any problem with BofA reporting to all three bureaus. In fact, they're usually the fastest of banks to report.

My guess is that they (BofA) have erroneous info on you --your SSN, your address, spelling of your name, something that doesn't match what shows on your reports. Depending on how different the info is, it might not make it to your reports, because it doesn't match what the credit bureaus have on you.

Check your reports up in the demographics section (your personal info) and look at things like your middle name, your street number, and so forth. Then call BofA and ask them to read you back all your demographic info. You can also look at the PDF version of your statement and inspect the address and so forth, but I don't know that the statements necessarily match what gets reported to the CRA's.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
DI
Super Contributor

Re: How should I make Bank of America push my credit history to the credit bureaus???

Your best option is to file a complaint with the BBB. That is the only way your situation would get to the right person.  BOA will need to contact the CRA's Marketing Agency.  The regular CSR's won't be able to help you.

In your complaint to the BBB state when you opened the account and your need the account added to your reports for better insurance rates, and etc.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for your replies.

I called up Bank of America and found that my name differed from what is present with the credit bureaus. I asked them to correct it. They promised me that they would notify the credit bureaus about the correction in the name spelling.

Let me wait and see. 

Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I hope that turns out to be the problem. That would certainly be the simplest solution.

Good luck!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.