cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon after bk can I get a Walmart cc.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How soon after bk can I get a Walmart cc.

My score is almost 600 and I'm hoping to get approved for a Walmart card. Do I have to wait a certain length of time since I had my bankruptcy? It was discharged in december.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: How soon after bk can I get a Walmart cc.

@Anonymous wrote:
My score is almost 600 and I'm hoping to get approved for a Walmart card. Do I have to wait a certain length of time since I had my bankruptcy? It was discharged in december.

They are going to pull TU, is this 600 score from TU FICO?

Did you include any GE accounts in BK?

Do you have current open credit accounts with anyone?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a tu myfico score. Yes Walmart was included in my bankruptcy. I have other credit cards including orchard first premiere, a few secured credit cards and a Firestone credit card.
Message 3 of 6
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

I would say forget it if you included Walmart in your bankruptcy. I included one GE card in my bankruptcy which discharged three years ago, a tiny amount too, I think it was under $300.

I was declined for a Walmart card and that was with a 3 year old bankruptcy and I didn't include Walmart directly. I'm not sure how far out it has to be, but, I guess longer than three years anyhow if GE ever forgives and forgets..

Edited to add, after doing some searching around the forum it looks like 4 or 5 years post bankruptcy filing so long as you have no other baddies and at least mid 600's.

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied and was declined. Oh well I don't feel too bad target approved me today!
Message 5 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

GE is a little Bi-Polar like Capital One and HSBC... Most reps can't do much, they don't always understand a thing so it's a little hard for me to gage what happened that all of a suddent changed my past declines after BK.

But I dismissed my BK 13 in 2010 and back in Nov. 2011 I was approved 4 or 5 GE cards within a 3 week period.

Follow up last week to try CLI on the new accounts (only approved for $500 CLI on Lowes with balance of $498 of the $500 CL, all others declined....

However I was then instantly approved for 2 more GE cards (amazon $900, and TJMax still awaiting card to find out limit and if store or MC.

Wait until you get the letter and you can try back door with Walmart, probably not to much luck but you can try! and then wait 3 months and try again in store.

I do know that my score was over 650 when I got these approvals, however I have seen people in the 600-615 get approved and higher limits! it's a toss up.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.