Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon can you get an Amex card?

tag
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

How soon can you get an Amex card?

I got my roommate a CapOne Newcomer card last month as his starter card, he has not credit history before that. I also applied for Amex Green for him and got instantly rejected.

I've also added him as AU to my two-year-old CapCard and a two month old 6K Fidelity Amex card.

The queston, how soon can he apply for Amex charge card, maybe PRG? 

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: How soon can you get an Amex card?

@w20031424 wrote:

I got my roommate a CapOne Newcomer card last month as his starter card, he has not credit history before that. I also applied for Amex Green for him and got instantly rejected.

I've also added him as AU to my two-year-old CapCard and a two month old 6K Fidelity Amex card.

The queston, how soon can he apply for Amex charge card, maybe PRG? 

Is this card for you or your roommate????  Smiley Wink

If it's for your roomie, he/she needs to give it at least 6-12 months before applying, and I would start with a charge product.

If it's for you.................................

meet-the-fockers-222.jpg

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 16
GoldenloveNY
Frequent Contributor

At least six months, perferably a year. 

Citi Double Cash: $1,000
Capital One Secured: $500
Capital One Savor One: $1,650
Amex Gold- NPSL.
Amex Platinum- NPSL.
Amex Delta Gold: $1,000
Best Buy Store Credit Card: $2,000
Amazon Store Credit Card: $6,000
Verizon Visa Card: $2,000

Bj's Perks Elite Mastercard: $2,300

Merrick Credit Card: $1,400
First Savings Credit Card: $1,250
Message 3 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

LS .....OP just won't give up fighting the garden and as wrote recently

3.......2......1...... Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 16
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

It's for him. But I need him to get it and add me as an AU since I'm blacklisted by AMEX.Smiley Wink

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 5 of 16
enharu
Super Contributor

Pretty much can bet $50 he's going to apply for himself within the next 5-7 days lol Smiley Tongue

I don't mean this in a bad way by the way. If you think this is right for you, go for it. It's always okay until things start going wrong.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 16
enharu
Super Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:

It's for him. But I need him to get it and add me as an AU since I'm blacklisted by AMEX.Smiley Wink

if you are blacklisted by Amex, he won't be able to add you as an AU.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 16
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Pretty much can bet $50 he's going to apply for himself within the next 5-7 days lol Smiley Tongue

I don't mean this in a bad way by the way. If you think this is right for you, go for it. It's always okay until things start going wrong.

I will not apply until I "purge" my EQ and TU report and freeze my EX.. which will take about two months. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 16
enharu
Super Contributor

if you freeze your EX, Amex will just cancel your application. Many people on FT have tried all kinds of tricks to have lenders pull from other bureaus, and there seems to be absolutely no room for negotiation when it comes to Amex.

Message 9 of 16
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

if you are blacklisted by Amex, he won't be able to add you as an AU.

It's actually not blacklist, just FRed, but I will get my tax return pretty soon anyway.  Do you think I can be AUed even if I am FR-unsolved?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.