Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon did U apply for 2nd NFCU card?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

How soon did U apply for 2nd NFCU card?

I'm thinking about applying for my second Navy federal card and looking at the Platinum.Not sure if they have a platinum Master card but that would be a desirable option. How soon did you apply for your second card with NFCU?

Btw, I've had my card for one week. What say you, too soon, or should I wait the whole six months before applying?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
PNYKILR
Valued Member

Re: How soon did U apply for 2nd NFCU card?

1 week after I got the visa cash rewards I appiled for a refi on my truck, NFCU Flagship, and LOC. All approved. I say go for it. No worries

NFCU Cash Rewards Sig $10k, NFCU Flagship $7.5K, NFCU LOC $7,500
Discover IT $600, Barclays MC Rewards $1,900,Barclay's Apple $1,500 Capital One $2,500, Capital One $1,500, US Bank 1-2-3 Rewards $2,500, US Bank FlexPerks AMEX $5,000, Walmart $1,200, USNMFCU $10,000, AMEX Everyday $500, AMEX BCE $8,000.

Message 2 of 18
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

I'm thinking about applying for my second Navy federal card and looking at the Platinum.Not sure if they have a platinum Master card but that would be a desirable option. How soon did you apply for your second card with NFCU?

Btw, I've had my card for one week. What say you, too soon, or should I wait the whole six months before applying?

I can confirm they do have a Platinum MC...I have one sitting right in front of me.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 3 of 18
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I recommend apping for navcheck and waiting six months... they have a platinum MC as well as nrewards mastercard and gorewards mastercard
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 18
teddybearkelli1
Contributor

I applied 2 days later...

FICO scores: 790 (EQ) 786 (EX) 796 (TU) |
My Wallet:NFCU CR Visa 24k, AMEX Delta Gd 18k, Walmart Discvr 12k, USAA Plat RA MC 13k, BECU Visa 13k, NFCU NR MC 10k, Sams Discvr 10k, Sportsmans Visa 11.5k, WF Plat Visa 10k, Paypal Extra MC 10k, BofA Fraternity MC 14k, Sams Credit 10k, USAA World MC 9k, Military Star 8.2k |BOA CR 8k |AMEX Evrdy 8k |Lowes 7.3k | Chase Military Star MC 16k, JCPenneys MC 7k, Discover IT 5k , Gymboree Visa 4.5k, Sears MC 4k, TJX MC 3.5k, ToysRUS MC 5k, Chase Amazon Visa 3k, Home Depot 3k, Citibank Simplicity 6.5k, Fred Meyers Visa 2.5k, Target 2k, Kohls 2k, ITunes Visa 5k, Macys 2k, Vystar CU Visa 5k
Message 5 of 18
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

I've had my nrewards card $500 limit for almost 6 months and just applied for an increase to $1000. Hoping its approved. Scares to app for anything else if its denied.
Message 6 of 18
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@Leadberry wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

I can confirm they do have a Platinum MC...I have one sitting right in front of me.

Very nice to know. That is the card I want. I wonder what is the lowest limit that Platinum cards begin with?

Goal 750 Across

Message 7 of 18
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
I recommend apping for navcheck and waiting six months... they have a platinum MC as well as nrewards mastercard and gorewards mastercard

The navcheck sounds interesting.Will go on their website and read more about it.

Goal 750 Across

Message 8 of 18
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@jdirilo wrote:
I've had my nrewards card $500 limit for almost 6 months and just applied for an increase to $1000. Hoping its approved. Scares to app for anything else if its denied.

Its very never racking to app.We all want to do our best and rebuilding is not easy.I'm still in the rebuilding stages.

Goal 750 Across

Message 9 of 18
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Interesting. I did a search for "navcheck" and nothing came up.

Goal 750 Across

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.