cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon does a Jcp joint user report on CR?

tag
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

How soon does a Jcp joint user report on CR?

I'm being added on a friend's Jcp card. Jcp did make a hard inquiry on 2/21 but I haven't seen anything show up yet. I have a 714 score on EQ no baddies. So when, if I was approved, will it show?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
orl2185
Established Contributor

Re: How soon does a Jcp joint user report on CR?

Any particular reason as to why you not applying for yourself with that good score?

Rest assured they will most likely pick you up.

Odd that they will hard you just for an AU.

Message 2 of 17
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@mnegron1969 wrote:
I'm being added on a friend's Jcp card. Jcp did make a hard inquiry on 2/21 but I haven't seen anything show up yet. I have a 714 score on EQ no baddies. So when, if I was approved, will it show?

Is this to be a joint account? An authorized user account?

You're likely not going to see this yet if you just did this last week. Give it at least 60 days before you contact them about it.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

with your score, hopfully you do not have any negative on your report you should have applied for the card yourself.  DID you add AU for the age of the account is it over 10 years old?   always remember that you have no control over the management of the account and if the UTL goes up it can kill you score.
Message 4 of 17
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Well after my wife discovering an old jcp account still reporting from 96 she updated her info to her married name and added me . This was thursday or friday that she did it( i cant remember) . This morning (sunday) its already reporting on my EXP .
Message 5 of 17
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Woolfman wrote:
Well after my wife discovering an old jcp account still reporting from 96 she updated her info to her married name and added me . This was thursday or friday that she did it( i cant remember) . This morning (sunday) its already reporting on my EXP .

That is fast. Was her account open or closed when she decided to do this?
Message 6 of 17
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

I did it for the age of the account since my credit history is short. With all the cleaning up I was left with a mortgage (1 yr old) 1 closed CC from 2007, 1 walmart CC opened 11/09, my Orchard hasn't showed up yet got it in January, an installment loan opened in 11/09 & 2 paid Aaron accts paid in 2/2010. 3 inquiries.

Jcp sent my friend a form to fill out in order to add me she mailed it back on 2/13. I seen the inquiry on 2/21 but I haven't seen anything show up.

Message 7 of 17
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@mnegron1969 wrote:

I did it for the age of the account since my credit history is short. With all the cleaning up I was left with a mortgage (1 yr old) 1 closed CC from 2007, 1 walmart CC opened 11/09, my Orchard hasn't showed up yet got it in January, an installment loan opened in 11/09 & 2 paid Aaron accts paid in 2/2010. 3 inquiries.

Jcp sent my friend a form to fill out in order to add me she mailed it back on 2/13. I seen the inquiry on 2/21 but I haven't seen anything show up.

So...this is a joint account?
Message 8 of 17
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Her account was open but inactive .
Message 9 of 17
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

I believe it is a joint user since AU it probably wouldn't show up since we aren't related. It was an opened acct & active she uses it. It's her favorite store. She's the type that pays her bill in full each month so I trust her 100%.
Message Edited by mnegron1969 on 02-28-2010 10:02 AM
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.