Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon is too soon for a (CITI) CLI?

tag
charyot77
Regular Contributor

How soon is too soon for a (CITI) CLI?

I just recently (a month ago) got a Citi Divdends card with a $3000 limit.  

This quarter the card will give back 5% on electronics.  I want to take advantage of the cash back and buy quite a bit of stuff and I could pay it off over 3-6 months (I have a year of zero% financing).

I hate to seem irresponsible or impatient, but I would really like an increase, even if it is temporary. Is it too soon to ask Citi for a CLI? They probably wont consider it since it is doubtful my income has changed since the card was only opened a month ago.

I think I would like it increased another $1000 to $1500.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: How soon is too soon for a (CITI) CLI?

Six months and not a moment sooner for them. You can try, but I doubt you will get anywhere. Maybe try sending in a payment so that you will have a balance and can overspend.

Message 2 of 3
charyot77
Regular Contributor

Re: How soon is too soon for a (CITI) CLI?

That's too bad (well for me).

I live abroad so a lot of the quarterly deals dont apply to me (movie theater tickets, gas, department stores) but I was really hoping to get all I could out of this one.

I'll try the early payment.  5% cashback on big ticket items is too much to pass up.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.