Regular Contributor
charyot77

How soon is too soon for a (CITI) CLI?

I just recently (a month ago) got a Citi Divdends card with a $3000 limit.  

This quarter the card will give back 5% on electronics.  I want to take advantage of the cash back and buy quite a bit of stuff and I could pay it off over 3-6 months (I have a year of zero% financing).

I hate to seem irresponsible or impatient, but I would really like an increase, even if it is temporary. Is it too soon to ask Citi for a CLI? They probably wont consider it since it is doubtful my income has changed since the card was only opened a month ago.

I think I would like it increased another $1000 to $1500.

Valued Contributor
navigatethis12

Re: How soon is too soon for a (CITI) CLI?

Six months and not a moment sooner for them. You can try, but I doubt you will get anywhere. Maybe try sending in a payment so that you will have a balance and can overspend.

Regular Contributor
charyot77

Re: How soon is too soon for a (CITI) CLI?

That's too bad (well for me).

I live abroad so a lot of the quarterly deals dont apply to me (movie theater tickets, gas, department stores) but I was really hoping to get all I could out of this one.

I'll try the early payment.  5% cashback on big ticket items is too much to pass up.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}