cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon will credit appear improved?

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: How soon will credit appear improved?

AFAIK, and in my experience, few things skyrocket scores faster than paying down your debt from a high utilization to under 10%.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 11 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

AFAIK, and in my experience, few things skyrocket scores faster than paying down your debt from a high utilization to under 10%.

This is absolutely true!!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 14
toepick83

AWESOME! Bring on the score increases! So stoked to get this crap paid off once and for all. I think I'll keep my cards active by putting gas purchases on them here and there. But from here on out, I am just going to maintain little to no balances and only charge to keep my accounts active. Otherwise...I'm paying cash for everything! Need to keep everyhing in check so that we at least have a shot at buying a house a year from now. Consider our 2013 goal (to pay off my $5500 balance on my cards) almost obliterated! Boo ya!

Message 13 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You can always use them for monthly subscriptions like Netflix or to pay a wireless bill.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.