Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How stupid are they ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How stupid are they ??

At this point even if they closed it someone can call back with information and say it was a rash decision to close it and they want to buy more stuff this needs to be escalated to the guy in charge to permanently close it
Message 11 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

If something ever warranted a complaint to the CFPB I would have to say this is very high up on the list.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

Backstory:  I have a Fingerhut account that Ive had for years.  Usually once a year i make a $100 charge to keep the account going.  I also have a FA on my CRs

Fast forward to today.  Someone calls into Fingerhut and says they forgot my account password. They give them my ssn and dob and the cust rep then allows them to

charge an xbox game system to my account .... ship it to a person whos name is not on my account to an out of state address

If that wasnt bad enuf

Person calls back 30 minutes later.  Forgot password blah blah blah and this time orders a 17" laptop shipping to same person in same out of state address that is not on my account

Total charges $850

Is there ANY security out there???  Do these people even care?? 

Time for Web Bank to start firing some VPs starting with the VP of Fraud Loss

If someone else has your DOB and your SSN, your identity has been stolen.  It's now time to issue fraud alerts to the credit bureaus.  Someone else said this is the second recent thread involving Fingerhut, I'll bet you Fingerhut's systems were hacked and this is the tip of the iceberg.  Fingerhut may or may not already know, they're not requried to disclose.  But you should immediately take steps to protect your idenity, and so should anyone else who does business with Fingerhut.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

I'm sorry this has happened; I'll just add to watch for your final statement to make sure FingerHut has reversed the fraudulent charges. 

You don't want your credit impacted due to their lack of security.

Great advice!

I am sorry this happened to you. I will add to watch your credit profile for new inquiries and accounts. Have you called the police yet? Just in case the person is stupid enough to open other accounts you need to have a police report on file. It will make life much easier to dspute fraudulent accounts. Best of luck! Keep us posted on the outcome.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:
If something ever warranted a complaint to the CFPB I would have to say this is very high up on the list.

Agreed!

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

Backstory:  I have a Fingerhut account that Ive had for years.  Usually once a year i make a $100 charge to keep the account going.  I also have a FA on my CRs

Fast forward to today.  Someone calls into Fingerhut and says they forgot my account password. They give them my ssn and dob and the cust rep then allows them to

charge an xbox game system to my account .... ship it to a person whos name is not on my account to an out of state address

If that wasnt bad enuf

Person calls back 30 minutes later.  Forgot password blah blah blah and this time orders a 17" laptop shipping to same person in same out of state address that is not on my account

Total charges $850

Is there ANY security out there???  Do these people even care?? 

Time for Web Bank to start firing some VPs starting with the VP of Fraud Loss

If someone else has your DOB and your SSN, your identity has been stolen.  It's now time to issue fraud alerts to the credit bureaus.  Someone else said this is the second recent thread involving Fingerhut, I'll bet you Fingerhut's systems were hacked and this is the tip of the iceberg.  Fingerhut may or may not already know, they're not requried to disclose.  But you should immediately take steps to protect your idenity, and so should anyone else who does business with Fingerhut.

Agreed!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.