Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How this forum helps and hurts with credit cards

tag
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

Re: How this forum helps and hurts with credit cards

Also I have 0 bad marks at all on my report so I think i may be in #1 spot to grab that 850 score in next 3 decades with good management
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 21 of 67
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@digitaldiva wrote:

@Carlile92 wrote:
Thank lol and look at that not only do credit cards do recons so does digitaldiva and I was approved hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahh what's my cl

CL - $25,000...with 0% interest for 60 months!!!   Smiley Very Happy

passes the f&%# out

Message 22 of 67
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

Okay and when are cli available without hard pull lol
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 23 of 67
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Carlile92!

I see that you have joined the Garden Club -- welcome! I started the monthly GC threads in order to give folks who are maintaining their existing accounts a place to find encouragement and post about the gains (or setbacks) that they have experienced while gardening. Let's face it, compared to apping, gardening can be relatively boring. It's easy to get caught up in the euphoria surrounding approvals, especially when one has started to experience a certain amount of success and reads about others having success, too. But, wild apping doesn't necessarily get you the cards that you ultimately want; often, it can hinder. The CG threads are intended to help people to app mindfully, to wait until the time is right to app and evaluate whether the card is a worthy addition to one's garden. So, I hope that I've contributed a topic idea to this forum that helps. Given how the topic popularity has grown over time, I suspect that it has been helpful; it has been for me.

Glad to have you as a member. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 24 of 67
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@dalebb wrote:

@digitaldiva wrote:

@Carlile92 wrote:
I think everyone here took the post the wrong way I was not saying this forum actually hurts you or anything like that if you read my post the reason I hate it is because of the amazing info and resources here I know that it is self control im not saying it is because the forum I applied what I meant is there is so much great info and how to get best results that it almost makes you want to go out and apply for things because you know you are armed with the best knowledge anywhere and I'm 19 I'm very impulsive which is why I joined the garden. With the info I got here I have succeeded in getting the following cards

Barclays bjs card and carnival card 500 cl on each also I got approved for a Walmart card with 700 limit
So the end result because of this forum I have been able to secure 1700 dollars in credit while yes I have over 20 inquires they only affect score for a year and fall off in two the credit I was able to get is a lot more helpful than how hurtful the inquiries were

I have to admit that I was one of the ones who (initially) took the post the wrong way; that is, until I read the entire post...sorry for the negative thoughts that were going through my mind as I was reading it...  Smiley Sad

...but on the other hand, I agree with everything you said in your initial post!!  Smiley Wink

awww,,, big group hugsSmiley Very Happy

Joining in...

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 25 of 67
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@Carlile92 wrote:

CLI increases at anytime...no HPs ever!!  Smiley Very Happy

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 26 of 67
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@digitaldiva wrote:

@Carlile92 wrote:

CLI increases at anytime...no HPs ever!Smiley Very Happy

This is not always true. Some creditors will do a hard pull each and every time you ask for a CLI. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 27 of 67
quest208
Frequent Contributor

What i really really REALLY hate about this board is that i did not find it sooner! I think the board needs to set up a system where it sends out telepathic messages. Wait, im going off on the wrong board again!

FICO scores and an active forum, intelligent members.... I dont think there's a better combination. Except maybe sex and shopping....... Or jack and ginger.

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 28 of 67
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Carlile92 wrote:

GEMB/Walmart. Hit the luv button after you've had the card 4mos (or you've had 4 statements). They give CLIs every 4 months, but generally not before that. No HP.

If your other CCs are w/Barclay's, then you're right. They do a HP for a CLI. But in 1 year, you could get 3 CLIs on your Walmart card. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 29 of 67
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@SevenNEW wrote:

+1 Learning not to apply for what you don't really need is one of the keys to credit success IMO!

+1

Message 30 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.