cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Amex Backdate? Backdating Hope?!!

tag
supervelous
Regular Contributor

How to Amex Backdate? Backdating Hope?!!

Just got my first Amex, the BCP this past weekend.  Was going to wait but figured get now for future backdating purposes....then just now remembered I have a American Express Corporate card since 2011.

Has anyone been able to get backdating on their first personal card via a corporate card?  Also, by backdating, does that mean my new card shows on my credit as opened in 2011?   How do I request this?  FYI I haven't received new card in mail yet, I expect it either tomorrow or early next week.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: How to Amex Backdate? Backdating Hope?!!

When the card arrives, call Amex and tell them your 'member since date' should be 2011. Don't use the word backdate. On your cr it will show Aug 2011. Whether or not you are successful on getting a personal card backdated to your corporate card is a YMMV.
Message 2 of 5
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@supervelous wrote:

Just got my first Amex, the BCP this past weekend.  Was going to wait but figured get now for future backdating purposes....then just now remembered I have a American Express Corporate card since 2011.

Has anyone been able to get backdating on their first personal card via a corporate card?  Also, by backdating, does that mean my new card shows on my credit as opened in 2011?   How do I request this?  FYI I haven't received new card in mail yet, I expect it either tomorrow or early next week.

Thanks!

i just got an amex costco card in june that i am an AU on, and after an few days after getting it, it backdated my membership to 1994, when i had an old green card. I was actually suprised because i didn't think they backdated for au accounts. So in your situation they may just do it automatically. I am not 100% sure tho

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@mongstradamus

Yes, Amex will backdate an ACM to their first ACM if they can locate your info.

Message 4 of 5
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

I was successful having mine backdated to my corporate card (only from 2012). I didnt' mention backdating or it being a corporate card at all. I just said the new card didn't match the one in my wallet. The first customer service agent said they couldn't do it becuase it was a different division but the online chat rep said no problem. Now whenever I call in they can see both types, Corporate and Personal. Wierd since I dont even have access to my corp info.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.