Senior Contributor
bichonmom

How to BT w/Citi

I just got a 0% Citi CC and I want to BT my Navy balance. I've never done this before. My Navy is due on the 16th and I haven't rec'd my Citi card yet.

What's the process for this? Do I have to have rec'd and activated my Citi card before I BT? How long does the BT take before it posts w/Navy?

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Frequent Contributor
AF_23

Re: How to BT w/Citi

[ Edited ]

It should have asked you at time of application, but if you declined then look online if you have access to a Citi account for a BT offer or simply call them. They will ask for the creditor (NAVY) ,account number you have with them as well, and balance amount you want credited. It can take up 2 weeks, so make sure you make at least a minumum payment at all costs for your Navy account this month.

Frequent Contributor
scientifics

bichonmom wrote:

I just got a 0% Citi CC and I want to BT my Navy balance. I've never done this before. My Navy is due on the 16th and I haven't rec'd my Citi card yet.

What's the process for this? Do I have to have rec'd and activated my Citi card before I BT? How long does the BT take before it posts w/Navy?

You can call Citi on the phone to initiate the BT (so you don't have to recevie the card first). All you will need is the Navy credit card number and the amount your want to transfer. HOWEVER, it can take up to 2 weeks, so I wouldn't rely on it to post before your Navy account is due.

Valued Contributor
RockinRay

scientifics wrote:

bichonmom wrote:

You can call Citi on the phone to initiate the BT (so you don't have to recevie the card first). All you will need is the Navy credit card number and the amount your want to transfer. HOWEVER, it can take up to 2 weeks, so I wouldn't rely on it to post before your Navy account is due.

+1 - we did a BT with my Wife's card and it took about 10 days for the process to complete.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Thanks for the info! My Citi card arrived today. :smileyhappy:

It has 2 blank BT cks, so I may just deposit money into my ckg acct and pay Navy online as usual. 

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Established Contributor
TNTransplant

bichonmom wrote:

Thanks for the info! My Citi card arrived today. :smileyhappy:

It has 2 blank BT cks, so I may just deposit money into my ckg acct and pay Navy online as usual. 

Yeah, I just used the balance transfer check and paid from my own account - it was easier that way.  Congrats on your Citi card - great limit, too.  :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Thanks! I never though I'd have a Citi card again. If it weren't for everything I've learned here, i sure wouldn't! This is my biggest starting CL and I didn't even need to call. It sure feels good. :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+