Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to BT w/Citi

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

How to BT w/Citi

I just got a 0% Citi CC and I want to BT my Navy balance. I've never done this before. My Navy is due on the 16th and I haven't rec'd my Citi card yet.

What's the process for this? Do I have to have rec'd and activated my Citi card before I BT? How long does the BT take before it posts w/Navy?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to BT w/Citi

It should have asked you at time of application, but if you declined then look online if you have access to a Citi account for a BT offer or simply call them. They will ask for the creditor (NAVY) ,account number you have with them as well, and balance amount you want credited. It can take up 2 weeks, so make sure you make at least a minumum payment at all costs for your Navy account this month.

Message 2 of 7
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

I just got a 0% Citi CC and I want to BT my Navy balance. I've never done this before. My Navy is due on the 16th and I haven't rec'd my Citi card yet.

What's the process for this? Do I have to have rec'd and activated my Citi card before I BT? How long does the BT take before it posts w/Navy?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

You can call Citi on the phone to initiate the BT (so you don't have to recevie the card first). All you will need is the Navy credit card number and the amount your want to transfer. HOWEVER, it can take up to 2 weeks, so I wouldn't rely on it to post before your Navy account is due.

Message 3 of 7
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@scientifics wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

Thanks! Smiley Happy

You can call Citi on the phone to initiate the BT (so you don't have to recevie the card first). All you will need is the Navy credit card number and the amount your want to transfer. HOWEVER, it can take up to 2 weeks, so I wouldn't rely on it to post before your Navy account is due.

+1 - we did a BT with my Wife's card and it took about 10 days for the process to complete.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 4 of 7
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the info! My Citi card arrived today. Smiley Happy

It has 2 blank BT cks, so I may just deposit money into my ckg acct and pay Navy online as usual. 

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 7
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Thanks for the info! My Citi card arrived today. Smiley Happy

It has 2 blank BT cks, so I may just deposit money into my ckg acct and pay Navy online as usual. 

Yeah, I just used the balance transfer check and paid from my own account - it was easier that way.  Congrats on your Citi card - great limit, too.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 6 of 7
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thanks! I never though I'd have a Citi card again. If it weren't for everything I've learned here, i sure wouldn't! This is my biggest starting CL and I didn't even need to call. It sure feels good. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.