Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to PC Barclay Apples Reward?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to PC Barclay Apples Reward?

@willwar14 wrote:

...they will say to call the number on the back of your card and have the frontline reps handle it...

I thought you had implied that you didn't have to go to the front lines but have succeeded through contacting them at Facebook?

@willwar14 wrote:

...reach out to their EO on facebook, and they will be able to help, I did a few days ago, just got my apple card converted to the barclaycard rewards (one with 2% with gas and stuff)

Message 11 of 20
willwar14
Valued Contributor

The frontline reps say it isn't possible, and their EO thinks that their frontline reps know how to do it, just insist that they call you and they should be able to help, does that make sense?

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@willwar14 wrote:

Their frontline reps are useless, reach out to their EO on facebook, and they will be able to help, I did a few days ago, just got my apple card converted to the barclaycard rewards (one with 2% with gas and stuff)

It doesn't explain why you said this. It sounds like you were successful with your product change from Barcklay Apple Rewards to Barclay Rewards thorugh the back door, not through the frontline reps.

You were successful with the PC using the back door correct?

Message 13 of 20
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Yeah, you have to go through the EO (in my experiance) to convert it, what I was trying to say was their frontline reps are useless. And yes I was successful using the EO.

Sorry for the confusion (I suck at explaining myself through typing, sorry).

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@willwar14 wrote:

Yeah, you have to go through the EO (in my experiance) to convert it, what I was trying to say was their frontline reps are useless. And yes I was successful using the EO.

You just confused me because it sounds like you were telling me that if I contacted EO Facebook that they would just refer me back  to the "useless" frontliine reps.

Message 15 of 20
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Oh I am so sorry, heres the transcript of the convo I had with them on FB (not on the phone)

Tuesday 8:46am

ME: I would like to convert this card to a different as I don't have any use for it now. Is there any cards I can convert to? Otherwise i’m just going to close it.

Tuesday 11:11am

Hello willwar14, in order to provide the specific information as to what is available for this account we do require that the primary cardholder contact us anytime at 866-603-7217 and we would be more than happy to assist. Thanks! ^TG

ME: As I have said before your frontline reps say it isn’t possible to convert the account. Can you guys please call me?

Tuesday 12:35pm

Hi willwar14, Thank you for taking the time to speak with us today. If you do decide to change to the No Annual Fee Barclaycard Rewards Visa you can contact us anytime by calling the number on the back of your card and asking about our product trade options. Hope you have a great day. ^JC

Tuesday 2:00pm

ME: So I called the number on the back of the card to accept the product trade/upgrade and they said they can't do it, can you guys please call me again to process this? I'm tired of getting the run around please..

after that message they called me back and processed the PC.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@willwar14 wrote:

Oh I am so sorry, heres the transcript of the convo I had with them on FB (not on the phone)

Tuesday 8:46am

ME: I would like to convert this card to a different as I don't have any use for it now. Is there any cards I can convert to? Otherwise i’m just going to close it.

Tuesday 11:11am

Hello willwar14, in order to provide the specific information as to what is available for this account we do require that the primary cardholder contact us anytime at 866-603-7217 and we would be more than happy to assist. Thanks! ^TG

ME: As I have said before your frontline reps say it isn’t possible to convert the account. Can you guys please call me?

Tuesday 12:35pm

Hi willwar14, Thank you for taking the time to speak with us today. If you do decide to change to the No Annual Fee Barclaycard Rewards Visa you can contact us anytime by calling the number on the back of your card and asking about our product trade options. Hope you have a great day. ^JC

Tuesday 2:00pm

ME: So I called the number on the back of the card to accept the product trade/upgrade and they said they can't do it, can you guys please call me again to process this? I'm tired of getting the run around please..

after that message they called me back and processed the PC.

Excellent. I'll try to cut the chase and not let them keep referring me to the frontlines. Looks like your "threat" didn't deter them to but your persistence did. Thanks for the information!

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far I have been lucky that they didn't refer me to the frontline reps but asked for my phone number to review my account. 

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I was able to PC the Apple Rewards. Thanks. Previously, I tried 3-4 through calling the frontline rep and emailing Barclay directly with no positive outcome.

Message 19 of 20
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.