Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build credit starting at none

tag
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: How to build credit starting at none

@ryanls1 wrote:

I have Discover, Chase, Cap1, Homedepot. I have been rebuilding my credit with much thanks to the info on this board and I would like to do the same for her. I would really like to not have to start her with a first premier or credit one if I didn't have to. I hated those things and am so glad I have moved past those. I added her to my discover but it didn't ask for any info other than her name so I don't know how it would show up on her report. Let me know if you guys know any other cards that do report authorized users

Don't even think about First Premiere and the like.   Open a secured card with a credit union or bank  after the AU reports.   it will cost her less money and grow into something.

Message 11 of 14
Cranston
Established Member

Start with a both BofA securred card and a securred product from a CU.

After a year BofA will consider graduating the card and if they do often offer good limits. I went from a $300 securred card to a $5k limit.

Many CU will give CC with little of no history if you have proof of income.

Message 12 of 14
ryanls1
Established Member

Ok thanks for the help i will try some of those secured cards but i also spoke to someone at chase about AU and this is what then emailed me..

"Authorized users are not financially responsible for an account therefore the account is not listed under their credit report "

How do you go about getting someone reported it sounds to me like they dont do this anymore

Message 13 of 14
ryanls1
Established Member

Ok so i spoke to cap1 and they allowed me to put her as a AU on that card and it will show up on her CR. Thanks for the help everyone thats at least a start and i guess we will get her a secured card as well and see where that gets us. Thanks again

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.