cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check Amex points per transaction?

tag
slvrhwk
Regular Contributor

How to check Amex points per transaction?

Hi guys,

I got an Amex BCP last month. I want to check points accumulated per transaction using my Amex. It's very easy with my Barclaycard, they show the reward points right next to the amount on the activities page. I want to keep track of how much points I earn for shopping at my local grocery store, or some department store, so I can decide whether to use Amex or some other card at that store. Thanks.

Current Score TU: 787, EX: N/A, EQ: N/A
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to check Amex points per transaction?

I have looked high and low for this on my AMEX accounts online and have never been able to find it. I often wonder when I look at my pending points if they are receiving the correct multiplier and have found no way to verify...

Message 2 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@slvrhwk wrote:

Hi guys,

I got an Amex BCP last month. I want to check points accumulated per transaction using my Amex. It's very easy with my Barclaycard, they show the reward points right next to the amount on the activities page. I want to keep track of how much points I earn for shopping at my local grocery store, or some department store, so I can decide whether to use Amex or some other card at that store. Thanks.

Renever that the points appear the statement following the transaction.

If you still have the old style interface, go to Statements & Activity.   Near the bottom is "Bonus Details"   Click on that, and select the period, and it will show you the points earned on each of the transactions.   A mystery why it had to be so hidden.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet! Thanks LTL.

Message 4 of 8
slvrhwk
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@slvrhwk wrote:

Hi guys,

Renever that the points appear the statement following the transaction.

If you still have the old style interface, go to Statements & Activity.   Near the bottom is "Bonus Details"   Click on that, and select the period, and it will show you the points earned on each of the transactions.   A mystery why it had to be so hidden.

Can't see it. But it brings me to another question. I got the card last month and had the first statement cut on 22nd Dec. The Reward Dollars column says $0.00 even though I used the card for $600-700 in the first month. Any idea why?

Message 5 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Because rewards post in the statement FOLLOWING the statement with the transaction, rewards are always delayed by a month.   So purchases made in Dec say appear in the December statement, but rewards for those purchases appear in the Jan statement. 

This causes a lot of confusion and makes it hard to detect errors.

Message 6 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Try selecting the statement period to "Current Statement" rather than REcent Activity, and see if the Bonus Detail link appears (won't have anything, but see if it is there!)

Message 7 of 8
slvrhwk
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Try selecting the statement period to "Current Statement" rather than REcent Activity, and see if the Bonus Detail link appears (won't have anything, but see if it is there!)

No, the link still doesn't appear. From what you said, it makes sense for rewards (and that link) to appear after the second statement is cut. Thanks a lot!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.